Move database using detach/attach (1 Viewer)

AnnPhil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:16
I am moving a SQL database from SQL server 2000 to SQL server 2005, both on different computers. I am able to detach but when i try to attach the database on the computer that has SQL 2005 i get an error message saying the file is ready only.

I copied the files to the folder where the system database files are in the SQL server 2005 computer. I looked at the properties of the file and is does not seem to be read only, however the error message thinks it is.

I tried to detach and attach again, this time pointing to the flash drive that the detached files were copied to and it works.

So basicly, if i tried to attach using the files on the computer it thinks its read only will not attach. If i attach using the files on the flash drive it attaches and i can see everythink.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 05:16
I am moving a SQL database from SQL server 2000 to SQL server 2005, both on different computers. I am able to detach but when i try to attach the database on the computer that has SQL 2005 i get an error message saying the file is ready only.

I copied the files to the folder where the system database files are in the SQL server 2005 computer. I looked at the properties of the file and is does not seem to be read only, however the error message thinks it is.

I tried to detach and attach again, this time pointing to the flash drive that the detached files were copied to and it works.

So basicly, if i tried to attach using the files on the computer it thinks its read only will not attach. If i attach using the files on the flash drive it attaches and i can see everythink.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

My suggestion is to check the folder permissions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom