Moved... Subform multiple selction with dates.. (1 Viewer)

PlasticMonster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:53
Hi,

Ive been trying to do this for about five days now, reading the internet, watching youtube and I just cant work it out.

Please, please help :) ...pretty please

This is for a database to handle requests for site access (I live in a shiny new datacentre).

I have a main [mainAC] table that has fields for (among others)
[First name]
[surname]
[Company]
[Date From]
[Date To]
[Card Issued]

Access requests are added by other users and appear on the main table.

I need for my security team to be able to add to these requests on the day of attendance the card they were issued. All card details sit on another table [SDC Cards].

What I really wanted was to have them select a "date from" and a "date to"; the access will need to have been vaild on this day/period.

A company that attended on that day could then be selected and somehow show only those filtered records cutting down 60-70 records to just a few.

The card then being added via a drop down box run from the table [SDC Cards].

Ive eventually realised that a subfrom is probably the answer, ive tried creating a few, based from the table or from various queries ive made to try and display this info, but I just cant get it right.

I think there is some input required on record source...again not sure if this is on the form or the subfrom um... im basically quite out of my depth ive been teaching myself access for about a month now.

Any advice (so at least im fighting in the right direction) would be greatly appreciated, ive tried copying databases ive downloaded from here but have clearly missed a few steps as they dont run properly, my best attempt seesm to grab a random selction of records and show only one company but the logic evades me as to why it chooses what displays. There was one I found searching here with three drop downs that appeared as you selcted; that looked just right, but alas i did something wrong.

A link to a step by step guide would be amazing.:banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom