Music DB (1 Viewer)

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:25
Hi Folks

Long time since I came in here to post a thread. I'm working on a database to store a list of music titles, artists etc which wil then link to the track upon using the search function in the db.

I am trying to link to the track rather than store in the database to keep it a reasonable size and manageable, however the hyperlink I have entered is not working. Not sure if I am missing something simple here, is there any reason why a hyperlink will not work when it's a music file and not a standard document such as word or Excel? Firstly I get a warning error message appear stating that the file may contain harmful viruses etc which I would like to avoid anyway, upon selecting yes to proceed it then tells me that no program is registered to proceed. Do I therefore need to include the program to open before the track can be played? can this even be done using a hyperlink or will I need a button on a form to open the program and play the track.

Would apprecaite some help.

Thank you kindly
Hay :)

spacepro

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Hayley,

Long time no speak, how the hell are you?

Answer: I think!!! ;)

Don't format the filepath as a hyperlink, store it as a text string and format the text box on your form by changing the text color to blue and underline it, so that it appears to be a hyperlink visually, then either from a cmd button or onclick of the textbox using the following code:

Code:
application.followhyperlink me.txtpath

This assumes your textbox would be called txtpath.

Attached is a sample

Andy

Attachments

• Hayley-hyperlink.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 126

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Andy

I am absolutely marvellous ;) well perhaps that's going a bit too far!

Thanks for the sample db, I will have a bash at that later....coming to my rsecue again huh! I meant to say to you, I never did resolve those technical errors on the forum so I started a new one from scratch and it's going very well. Thanks for all your help with the last one and getting me started :)

I meant to ask you. Have you made the trip north to Sunny Scotland yet? I remember you telling me you were going to Perth. Need to let me know what you thought of it, remember I will be most upset if you came up and didn't stop by to say hello - I only live half an hour from there.....ahh well maybe next time eh :)

Hope the little one is ok also, ta for the help again
Hay

Last edited:

spacepro

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Hay,

Glad you are ok. May 24-28th is the sunny trip to scotland. Little one is ok, started to teeth now (six and a bit months old now)..Doesn't time fly.

Anyway good to talk, speak to you soon and we will drop into perth sometime soon.

Take care

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom