My version of access does not like IIF. (1 Viewer)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:47
check your IT.
what does 365 Enterprise different from Pro? can they impose Rules for this Version of Office?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 10:47
It means your references are fine. If your string function truly do not work anywhere (test in code not in a query), then I say you need to reinstall Access. I can think of no other issue. However, get a second opinion before doing anything. Again, that is if these functions do not work anywhere.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:47
If you don't have broken references (and they WILL say "broken" or "missing" if something is wrong), then try to decompile and then recompile your DB.

When a DB gets corrupted, all sorts of mischief will show up and you will swear you were cursed by some evil sprite.

Just for the record, your "References" screenshot appears normal, or at least OK as far as I recall it should look. You have four libraries. They are the VBA library, the MS Office object library, the Object Linking and Embedding library, and the library for the ACE DB engine. That is pretty much a minimalist DB, but offhand I don't see a glaring issue.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:47
I was about to suggest a decompile, but @The_Doc_Man has beaten me to it.
If that fails then try a repair of your office install.

And your references look identical to mine so they are ok.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:47
I think it is corrupted, as others may have already stated. That's exactly how a reference problem OR corruption shows up - real common, native VBA functions like left, right, instr, will suddenly act as if they are unknown.

Of course not all reference-related "problems" will show up as missing or broken; you can code a reference to an unreferenced library, but then again, that should only cause a compile error - not what you are experiencing.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 10:47
The first check is to see if these functions work in a new clean db. If so then it is likely corrupted, if not it is likely an issue with the installation.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
looks to me like the iif statement is in a query, not in vba

what is the actual error message in full?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well it seems this was the solution, copied from the other forum as the o/p wanted smarter techies.?
https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=83042

When you only ever get half of the info, how are you meant to solve the problem. :(

The problem was in the Windows setting - specifically in the list delimiter settings. Several months ago for entirely strange reasons, I had to change the .csv delimiter from comma to pipe; I hadn't thought about it since. That carried over into SQL which now wanted IIF(1+1=2|"yes"|"no"). When I change it back to comma everything works and I can add the last 2 columns to my query report.

https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=83042

Damn, my ignore list is growing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom