Navigation Form-Open Form macro problem (1 Viewer)

born2gamble

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:45
I have a Navigation Form.
On one tab, I have a multiple Items Form. I made a openform macro, that when i click on an individual recordID (on click-embedded macro), it opens up another form, with that recordID full details.

However, it keeps opening up that form in a different window. Is it possible to have it open up within the Navigation Form?

Last edited:

CMD

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:45
I realize this is an old post, but is there anyone that can answer this question, as I am having the identical issue right now. I have a beautiful search form that finds the record I need then a command button takes you to the correct record on the related form, but I would like it to open in the navigation form. Any help would be appreciated. I have been searching for an answer!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:45
Not quite sure what you are asking - what do you mean by navigation form?

CMD

Registered User.
Local time
I am using Access 2010 and I have all of my forms on a Navigation Form. I am not sure how else to refer to it.

CMD

Registered User.
Local time
I guess I could clarify that the Search button opens the form (EquipLocation) in a new window, but I want to have the navigation form open the form and retain the navigation tabs for the related forms. I hope I am explaining this in something resembling English!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If by navigation form you mean the list of tables, queries, forms and reports to the left of the access window then the answer is no - you can't control what is displayed there.

Can you post some screenshots of what you are trying to achieve

CMD

Registered User.
Local time
I am not sure how to do that! :(

CMD

Registered User.
Local time
I can say that, I'm not referring to the navigation pane. I'm not sure which Access you are using, but it would be the same as the form we used to use in 97 to navigate the forms in your database. The name escapes me right now.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
sorry still don't understand - sounds like a form someone has designed.

CMD

Registered User.
Local time
Trying this again! The navigation form is a new Access 2010 addition. It allows you to keep all of your forms in one area for easy access.

Attachments

• SS1.png
    SS1.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 255

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Now understand.

This is a form that has been designed - perhaps from a template.

So back to your original question. You want a form to open in the navigation window - is that what you are calling the bit at the bottom which says Calibration Reports? or do you mean something else?

Note: This system has been set to show tabbed documents - it may be simply that you want overlapping windows which is the way 2003 and earlier worked. If that is the case selece File>Options>Current Database and a few lines down you will see Document Window Options - select the overlapping windows option then click OK at the bottom. See attachment

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 12 09.10.gif
    ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 12 09.10.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 274

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom