Need ad advice (Access frontend on MySQL) (1 Viewer)

Chromium

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:30
Hi to all,

I'm looking for a good website host that give an access or MySQL database for free WITH external connection open for free: I'm working on a small access application that need to share tables beetween some user.

Could you please give me some suggestion (website, ideas... anything).

Even a <20€/year hosting is acceptable...

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:30
If the numbers of users are modest (say >10), and you already have a static IP or don't mind using services such as DynDNS or No-IP, then you may actually not need any host at all - just slap on a MySQL service, and have it listen on the port. For added security encrypt the connection by using VPN, SSH, or SSL, whatever rocks your boat.

HTH.

Chromium

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:30
If the numbers of users are modest (say >10), and you already have a static IP or don't mind using services such as DynDNS or No-IP, then you may actually not need any host at all - just slap on a MySQL service, and have it listen on the port. For added security encrypt the connection by using VPN, SSH, or SSL, whatever rocks your boat.

HTH.

Max users: 12.

But your way does need that my pc is everytime on the net? If so it's impossible.

But maybe I'm wrong... to be clear: I don't understand because I don't know anything about your solution. If you want (if you have time... ) can you explain a little?

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:30
Well, yes you do need a computer that can be on 24/7 and if you don't have a hardware that can be used as a server in pinch, then that's probably a nonstarter for you. I just wanted to point out that if there was hardware available, they certainly can be pressed into service. Because MySQL is quite lightweight, it can run very well even on old hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom