Need help with Dates (1 Viewer)

planbprojekt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:49
Hey guys ,
im kinda new to Access , I am working on a DB which includes "start date" and "end date" , i want the reports to shows only entries with are within the range between the 2 dates..
Im not good with writing scripts , can someone make a sample Db , so that i can just view it ..u can also write how u did it...
Thanks, Guys !

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 23:19
Are Start Date and End Date going to be variables that you select or are they existing in a table? What field are you comparing them to on a table?

planbprojekt

Registered User.
Local time
Here's my reply

The dates are a part of a table..
This Db , has entires where , people enter the "start date" and "end date" of the group of people that they train,and they data goes into a table.
So i want the report to pull records of all the training batches that started from a start date to and end date .
Thanks for trying to help.

Michael J Ross

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:19
You need to create a query that queries your table and base your report on the query. In your query you need to use parameters on your start date and end date which are entered when the report is run.

In the query under start date enter >= [Enter Start Date] and under end date enter <=[Enter End Date]. These will appear as prompts when you run the report.

Hope this helps.

planbprojekt

Registered User.
Local time

I guess that wud help , however will it pick up all the dates within that range ?
for example...
Say if a training batch started on 1st Jan(Start date) ended on 20th Jan(end date) ,
When the user enters the dates 1 jan , and 30 jan in the Reports prompt , will he see these entries ?

Michael J Ross

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:19
Yes it would select all records within the date range specified, i.e. any training batch that started 1st Jan and completed upto 30th Jan.

planbprojekt

Registered User.
Local time
I tried that ...however it didnt really help ....It wont pick up any details...ill send u the database that im working on...maybe u can work on it and lemme kno how.

cross5900

Blarg!
Local time
Yesterday, 22:19
I am needing to do the same thing pretty much, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a form with a view all and view by date (coupled with two text boxes to insert the desired dates) - I have the VB script already setup for the command button to differentiate between the two choices.

What I am needing is how to write the query using the date field in my table, so that I can get it to pull the information from those desired dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom