Need suggestions regarding POS (1 Viewer)

pianko

Local time
Today, 22:42
Hi - I was wondering if anyone has any opinions of POS and EPOS.

We're taking over a small tearoom (52 covers) and want to start as we mean to go on. I'm currently researching point of sale kit.

I've been looking at EposNow - they have an all-in starter kit for £279 - with £39/month for their software and £19/month for card services.

Does anyone have any views on them? Would it make more sense to go with something like iZettle or even a standard POS?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:42
there are many, i mean many Free POS out there. you just need to be patient in searching.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:42
you would be better googling something like 'best POS application' - should be able to find reviews as well as opinions

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:42
With "free" you get what you pay for. If you have a problem, who are you going to call? "Ghost Busters:)" This is your business, not your hobby.

Good customer support is what you are buying. There is a wide range of prices but don't let that be the deciding factor. See if you can get a sales person on the phone to explain how customer support works. You should also have a backup plan for power outages. If you're small enough, a UPS (Uninterruptable power supply) is probably good enough. 279 pounds doesn't sound like a high price of entry but what do you get for that? Is the 39 pounds per month for EACH workstation or your whole installation? You will have at least two PCs connected. One for the office and one for the checkout counter.

pianko

Local time
Today, 22:42
thank you all, let me do some more research about it

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:42
What do you actually need to do within your business?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom