Need to create a macro to click YES for me (1 Viewer)

Espinoza84

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:05
Hi,

I use an access form to send some 600 emails with a SNP format report as an attachment. Problem is I get the outlook prompt "a program is trying to automatically send on your behalf"

Can someone help with creating a macro to simply click yes.

Problem is I do not think clicking yes is possible, but I've heard this command would be help:

Application.SendKeys ("%s")

Im not that knowledable with macros or vba scripting unfortunately,

-Thanks

Attachments

• prompt.jpg
    prompt.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 222

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:05
If you search on both this forum and Google you will turn up the Yes/No program that you download. The free one "clicks the Yes" and the one on a free trial etc eliminates the problem. For mass emails you will need the program that you buy.

But if you use SMTP then you bypass Outlook and attachments are easy to do.

PS. Maybe change the topic you have used to include Outlook. If so HiTechCoach might see it and he is right up on the SMTP.

Espinoza84

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:05
I did do extensive research before posting here, I did try the free one click yes, and it works pretty great.

I will be using it for my purposes,

eventually Id like to learn to code this myself though!

Thanks for your assitance.

Glowackattack

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:05
I had this same issue and just used a free scripting tool called AutoIT (http://www.autoitscript.com/) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoIt) Its not the smartest tool in the world as it uses keystrokes and mousemovements to accomplish your task, but it gets the job done without having to do it yourself...if you want i can post up my .au3 file which is the script that accomplishes it, but i wont have access to it until tommorrow at work.

Basically the script looks for that exact window and if it exists, clicks on the Yes button...like i said, not a genius program but better than clicking the mouse yourself :)

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:05
Actually, I don't see it being much of an issue if only single emails are being sent, it is when a lot are to be sent in one go.

I have made a few Access/Outlook combinations for people and explained to them about the Yes/No program or I could do in SMTP but in all cases they were fine with clicking the "Outlook Yes" but in each case they are sending a single email and the content/format of a Word doc is going into the body of the email or an attachment and usually it is an invoice or similar.

One plus of SMTP for bulk emails is that the Send box is not loaded with sent emails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom