Network Environ Help (1 Viewer)

123James

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:10
Hi everyone

I have searched for help on this forum and all over for a while but cannot find the help i need.

I have a database stored in my user area on a schools network. Other users around the school access the database by clicking on a shortcut to it found on their start menu. The database is not split with a fe/be and usernames and passwords are not required to log on, they simply click the link.

I would like to know how I can find out which users have the database open at any given time? I have a piece of software that tells me the computer name but that is no use, I need the users name. Is there a way of pulling this from the network because each user must first log on to their computer using their name and password before they can access the database?

Any suggestions appreciated
James

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
The .idb file the is created when a user accesses a shared DB will tell you what user id is logged in and on what machine. Put since you don't have user security inforced it will just give the machine name.

123James

Registered User.
Local time
Put since you don't have user security inforced...

What would this involve? Would I have to split the database? I only want to do whatever it takes to be able to see names of users logged on!

Thanks for the help...

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
If I were you I would make a copy of the DB and then in the copy goto Tools/Security/User Level Security Wizard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom