New forum theme - Shades of Blue (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:29
Seems like the corporations tie everything down to stop an unruly staff.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:29
I'd like to think their schemes tend to catch some ruly ones, too - but yes :LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I will grab a little screen recording tonight after work. Not sure how angry the corporate A.V. gods would be at me if I tried to use a screen recorder at work. Ha. One time I tried to upload a .vbs file, inside a zip file, to AWF, and me + my manager got an automated email from I.T. within 30 seconds.
Dang! Harsh.
I used to change the file extension to txt ?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
The Stickies (I think that's what it is?) at the top of the page are completely unreadable in the new theme:
1602058576922.png

This was in the watercooler 10 minutes ago.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:29
here is a video that Blink the Remider Bell.

Attachments

• Bell.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 173

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The Stickies (I think that's what it is?) at the top of the page are completely unreadable in the new theme:
Yes, aware of that. It's on the todo list.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Edited the stickies colour, but strange issue with the dotted line on Shades of Blue. I am thinking about changing the stickies add-on for another one, where it just shades the background colour of the post, rather than also putting borders on there. And perhaps make the colours stand out less, so that regular members don't constantly see an eye sore when it doesn't really need highlighting to them.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I do find the stickies that appear at the top of the forum a bit intrusive, and also not intuitive, particularly on my mobile, it took me a while to work out what was happening!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
How about something more like this?

1602076687341.png

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
How about this?

1602079970892.png

Much more subtle. Too subtle or about right?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok, I've played around with all the colours on each of the 3 themes and think I have a nice balance between showing the thread as a sticky and making it not too obtrusive. Let me know what you think.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I think that looks excellent. (y)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I'm not 100% satisfied it is right yet. It is not clear that they are sticky threads. Will ponder on it.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Been thinking. I might change it back to how it was, with the Sticky Threads and Normal Thread dividers, but use these newer colours that are more subtle. That way, it is crystal clear the distinction between the two thread types, without causing aesthetic jarring to regular members.

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 04:29
The new Shades of Grey is even better than the old one.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@zeroaccess Has it changed? Are you sure you are not on Shades of Blue now? Switch back and forth between them to check.

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 04:29
When the site was updated, we had Default and Shades of Grey (Blue Text). Even though it was much more than just blue text.

Then you added back Shades of Grey and I switched to it. I see you renamed the other one to Shades of Blue.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
When I imported the updated Shades of Grey, I imported Shades of Blue over it, but it kept the same Shades of Grey name. I have sorted all that nonsense out and the names are currently correct. That is why I wnated to check which version you had. At least you have one you like now. Some didn't like the Shades of Grey, but they like Shades of Blue. It is surprising how tastes differ.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've switched back to the old Sticky Threads plugin, but modified the colours. Can someone let me know if they are ok in all 3 themes? I am colour blind so don't want to make a horrendous mistake! I played around for ages with the different colours to get something that looks good to my eyes.

The question pertains to both the titles (Sticky & Normal threads background colour) and the sticky threads background colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom