New spreadsheets category (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:10
After much debate and polling, Excel has received a more prominent position on these forums. I've also thrown in there Google Sheets for good measure.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 16:10
Jon,

There are soooo many other matrix-oriented software programs out there. It might not make sense, but you *could* includes others I would think. Like for instance, Quickbooks? I a lot of small business people use that. I've come across many. Maybe it's way out of left field though, and has no business on the forum....

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I have considered creating another forum, with a linked forum. This means you click the link to go to that category but it takes you to a new site instead.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
do you have enough pounds over there to be doing that, sir? :p or would it be an add-on domain? those are cheap, at least here in the USA. and also here in the USA, every company offers literally hundreds of subdomains for free with a primary.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
There is a ton of cost in starting a forum: software cost, hosting, domains, and the big one...time.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
well I don't run forums Jon, so I would have no idea. but a forum is just a domain, isn't it? If you already have a hosting plan, what's wrong with just starting another forum as an add-on domain to that hosting plan? or are the hosting companies different over there in Big Ben land?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I would use the same host. But the forum software itself costs $150 to $200. Then add-ons. Renewal fees. The domain cost is negligible. And then it is very hard to get a forum established and thriving.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
you would know more than me about that, man. If you do decide on it, I hope it works for you. Regarding the cost of forum software, it seems that it's not that bad....

Attachments

• seems_to_be_not_much.jpg
    seems_to_be_not_much.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 180

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:10
Hmm, what about an Macros and VBA section under Excel?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Good points Gina. I want to see if any traction happens in the Excel forum for a while. It is a test!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Hmm, what about an Macros and VBA section under Excel?
hey, not to mention a sticky informing new users on how to use the code generated by the macro recorder as a learning tool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom