Question New to Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

AN60

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:00
I'm helping a friend with a db on his computer and he has Access 2007. I am a 2003 user so things look a bit different in 2007. I need advice on the following;

1. In access 2003 I have several calandars (not ms access variety) which I have introduced to use on various forms. On these I often place buttons to do things like, go to today's date or go to the start of current year etc. I see that access 2007 places a calendar of it's own on a form when a field is set to date/time.
Can these calendars be easily edited in a similar way to my custome ones? Can 2007's calendars be disabled to allow me to use my own, should I wish?

2. When I was creating a new form & adding the fields all fields were locked together (not locked as per the properties tab) & I could not find the way to drag an individual field to a desired position. What do I need to do to allow me to drag of an individual field for custom placement on a form? I assume it's as simple as ticking a box or removing such etc.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:00
1) I believe there is a "Show date picker" property you can set.

2) Highlight the appropriate controls, right-click and select Layout/Remove.

AN60

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:00
Pbaldy
Great, thank you for your advice. It's difficult for me when I only get access to his computer once or twice per week at best. Right now I haven't got the courage to upgrade to 2007 myself, I've got too much back in 2003 to risk :eek:but as time goes by I might change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom