Newbie & Hi (1 Viewer)

archer69

Local time
Today, 04:03
Hi All,

I've joined the forum for some help with a specific problem (for the moment!) and wondered if anyone could point me at the best thread to add it to?

I'm a beginner with access (2016), can write queries from tables at best but use it to manipulate large pieces of data.

Specifically I want to import multiple excel files (same format, column headers) from one directory into one table to consolidate them for analysis.

I believe this is best achieved with VB, something I've never touched so step by step instructions needed for a newbie.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:03
Welcome Tim. I'd start a new thread in either the General or Modules and VBA forums. You might search first, as I'm sure it's been discussed before.

archer69

Local time
Today, 04:03
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the welcome and the response.

I've searched and think i've found some code that might work for me BUT I've never used Modules or VB before and haven't a clue where to start, any pointers to a user friendly tutorial you'd recommend?

Many thanks

Tim

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:03
I can't think of a tutorial offhand, and the owner prefers no technical content here in the introductions forum. Start a new thread in the Modules and VBA forum, and either post the code or link to it, and what you're having a problem with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom