newly added values in combo box (1 Viewer)

mcw21j

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:56
Hello,
I've searched all over for an answer to this to no avail...there MUST be a way to do this.

I have a combo box that pulls account name data from tblAcctInfo. the combo box has an OnChange event which updates a textbox, txtAcctAddr.

when i have a new account that i would like to be listed in the combo box, i use a form, frmAcctAdd, to add a record to tblAcctInfo.

what i would like to do, is:
1) when i type a new value in the combo box that isn't in the list, have that string value pre-populate in the frmAcctAdd.
2) when i have added the new account info into frmAcctAdd and then saved the record, i would like the new value to pre-populate in the combo box, with the txtAcctAddr textbox also updated via the OnChange event (or maybe a different event is more appropriate?).

I have created a long version of this which requires a lot more user interaction (1-user typing in a new value into the combo box, 2-user RE-typing the SAME value into a data entry form, frmAcctAdd, 3-user saving the new record, 4-user re-clicking the combo box and selecting the newly added value) but i am trying to streamline the data entry with auto-populated fields.

Any help is appreciated.

mcw21j

Registered User.
Local time
thanks for the link. i have tried the OnNotInList event to update the combo box but it only updates 1 field. since my combo box has the OnChange event attached to it which updates a corresponding textbox, i could not use OnNotInList....unless there is a way to do this with OnNotInList...i just haven't figured out how to do it.

mcw21j

Registered User.
Local time
thanks again! yes, i did look at that link and implemented some of what i could understand. i was not able to get the fields to auto populate as follows: 1-new value typed in cbo, 2-new value auto populating in popup data entry form, 3-new value auto populating in original cbo, 4-OnChange event firing to update value in corresponding textbox.

am i missing something in the code? i am not familiar with recordsets, error handlers and the DIM statement.

thanks for taking some time with my dilemma.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:56
Can you post a copy of your db in A2003 mdb format.

mcw21j

Registered User.
Local time
here ya go. there is OnNotInList code also which was from the first iteration of this database.

Attachments

• ONLN_NLT_Checks - Copy.mdb
    640 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom