Not Able to change themes (1 Viewer)

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:28
I have created a new report and when I go to either layout or design view I am unable to change the theme??

Also I am unable to change the theme for any of the previously built reports. What am I missing???:confused:

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 22:58
If your talking about the label colours etc I think once created you can only change them from the property sheet

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
On the ribbon in design view you should see a 'themes' option

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Yes ..... I see the themes option but it is grayed out thus unable to use.
Access has been updated through my Office 365 account?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
what type of file are you editing? .mdb or .accdb? If the former, it is likely that themes cannot be applied since themes were not an option back then. You would need to update to .accdb which is easy enough (File>Save and Publish) if you are not using functionality which has been discontinued.

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
The database is an .mdb format!! What are the steps to update to .accdb?? Will this then be able to be used with prior versions of Access?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:58
The database is an .mdb format!! What are the steps to update to .accdb?? Will this then be able to be used with prior versions of Access?
Which prior versions of Access will you be using or need to support?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What are the steps to update to .accdb??
explained in post #5
Will this then be able to be used with prior versions of Access?
you won't be able to use a .accdb with access 2003 or earlier. Should be able to use with Access 2007 or later providing you are not using functionality that was not available then. However since you are coming from a .mdb this will only apply to functionality you add subsequently. See this link for a history of changes between versions

Note: If your version of access is 64bit and you are using API's in your vba code then you will need to modify them slightly - can provide a link if required

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
The database was saved as Access 2002 - 2003 format, but I believe the current user version is 2012 possibly? I will have to check. The version I am on does not give me a (File>Save and Publish) option, See screenshot.

Thanks to all who are helping!!:)

1584025432145.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Select the Access Database option that is highlighted

No such version as 2012 - remember it is the file version that matters, not the version of access.

In your version of access, you can find out which it is by choosing the account option at the bottom

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
I checked this and it is Access 2007- 2016

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom