Not inclined (1 Viewer)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:23
Man, I have done no work today. The sum of all my efforts today are several one-liners on this forum and writing down four things that I have to do tomorrow.

Does anyone else get days where they just do not have the inclination to do what they should do on any other normal day? I've turned my nose up at every job that I know I have to do this week. :rolleyes:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yesterday, 19:23
I had one of those days a couple of weeks ago. I've been trying to finish up a DB that I've been working on and I was just sick of looking at it. I still am, but hey, I've got to get it finished sometime. :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
dan-cat said:
Does anyone else get days where they just do not have the inclination to do what they should do
Can you teach GWB this art? he always starts things then has no idea how to finish it when it gets out of control.

Col

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
I've been having one of those days every day for over a week.

But then my boyfriend of over two years walked out on me just over a week ago, so I suppose it could just be the depression

RichardP1978

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry to hear that Nikky.

I have to say, when you are owed £500 by the current employer for their **** ups over 3 months, and they still havent coughed up, it is somewhat standard practice not to do much.

Same rubbish, different day.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:23
When faced with the inescapable stupidity and complete uselessness of upper management and bureaucracy... yes, I have those tendencies. Dan, you weren't the only one haunting the forums yesterday:D Here's hoping today proves more fruitful:eek:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 02:23
dan-cat said:
Does anyone else get days where they just do not have the inclination to do what they should do on any other normal day?

Don't you have any deadlines ? My management is shouting and screaming to have assignments completed yesterday rather than today !:eek:

dan-cat said:
I've turned my nose up at every job that I know I have to do this week.

That's a luxury that only free lancers can afford ;)

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:23
I know that if we werent in the middle of a huge software and hardware upgrade I would have several of those days a week. oh well life goes on and gotta make the money and all that

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
rak said:
Don't you have any deadlines ? My management is shouting and screaming to have assignments completed yesterday rather than today !:eek:

Deadlines: Yes :mad:
Management: No :)

rak said:
That's a luxury that only free lancers can afford ;)

You have no idea how hard it is to work to your own timetable. I envy you. :p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Gosh what a moaning lot, anybody would think you didn't enjoy the challenges presented by your chosen careers :rolleyes: , just wait till you retire and are presented by her-indoors with a daily to do list :eek:
Now where did I put that pollish:D

Brian

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 02:23
dan-cat said:
You have no idea how hard it is to work to your own timetable. I envy you. :p

I'm not a free lancer myself, but have a guy working in my group who is.
It's really annoying to see the lack of commitment this guy shows, whereas all of us are under time constraints and pressure to timely complete our assignments. Don't get me wrong, I 'm not complaining, but would really appreciate some idle time and hang out on this forum more frequently. :)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
rak said:
It's really annoying to see the lack of commitment this guy shows

I know, it has something to do with the sentiment:

Another contractor will be along in a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom