Not new to Access but by No means a good programmer. (1 Viewer)

Buster Aldrich

Local time
Today, 16:16
Hi everyone. My name is Buster and I live in Oklahoma USA. I have been using access for 15 or 20 years to keep my database for my business. I am a computer technician in a small community and I make and sell custom imaging products.
My entire business runs from my access database. I am constantly adding or revamping it as the need exists.
Please don't mistake that fact with me being a good access programmer!
I have a file folder with several codes that I refer to for what I might need to do.
Most of my thousand lines of code are taken from the internet with a copy and paste and change it to fit my database.
I am currently using Access 2003.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 22:16
That is how I do it. :)

Welcome Buster.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:16
Hi Buster. Welcome to AWF!

Buster Aldrich

Local time
Thanks I see that you are theDBguy. Trust me if I had a similar handle mine would be theDBNOTguy

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
if your business gets any bigger you might want to consider switching to open source server databases. after all, in this day in age they cost pennies and are much better than local programs. not to mention the fact that a hacker getting into your stuff is virtually an impossibility if you have no money to your name. =) @Buster Aldrich

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:16
Welcome to the forum. I think we all use your "secret method" of code storage, copy, adjust, paste... to some degree. I have a feeling you're going to fit in well here!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Welcome to the forum. I think we all use your "secret method" of code storage, copy, adjust, paste... to some degree. I have a feeling you're going to fit in well here!
he might fit in well here but no one fits in less well than me :)

Buster Aldrich

Local time
I'm already a big fan. 2 days of fighting this thing and in 10 minutes a solution from theDBguy!!

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 22:16
Hi buster sounds like what a lot of us do :)

Welcome aboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom