NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS : Site Issues (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 15:57
There are various issues affecting the site today (Wed 18 Sept) including:
1. Many posts being moderated so don't appear at once. If so, please don't duplicate the post. One of the mods will approve your post in a short time frame.
In fact this post was also moderated. I had to approve my own post.
2. Duplicate posts appearing without members doing so themselves. In addition the post sometimes stays in the edit window after clicking Send.
We have already deleted many duplicates today. If you notice your own post has been duplicated, it would be helpful if you click Edit then delete one post yourself
3. Private messages aren't always being sent. Recommend you make a copy before sending … just in case.
4. One member has reported his post being sprinkled heavily with unwanted HTML tags.

The site owner is being kept aware of these issues. Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon!

If you notice other issues please report your post so moderators are aware
Thanks

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The site owner, Jon, has rebooted the server and, as far as I can tell, the issues previously described have been resolved.
Please let us know if that isn't the case for you

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:57
4. One member has reported his post being sprinkled heavily with unwanted HTML tags.
+1 - Happend multiple times to me yesterday.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
A quick question on behalf of the site owner …
Is anyone still experiencing any of the issues we had yesterday?
It would also be helpful to know if members are now finding the forum error free :D

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I've not seen any since the reboot Colin.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:57
Has looked okay to me too. I haven't had to approve moderated posts like we did that day.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:57
No recent problems here.

EDIT: I take that back. Just got a double-post.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Heads up.
Just had the duplicate post message and did not go to actual thread after posting.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:57
It would also be helpful to know if members are now finding the forum error free :D
Not sure if is related, but I just noticed that several of my profile settings were set to values I most likely did not set myself. E.g. Private Messaging was disabled and I don't think I did this myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom