Now you have it, Now you don't (1 Viewer)

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:28
Elsewhere on this forum I wrote about a project offered on a freelance site.
The owner responded to my initial bid, gave me some more info about the application he needed and asked for a detailed proposal.

I started writing immediately and before I could finished it, the project was awarded to someone else. Bad business manners.

Last year my wife and I put in a bid for a home. At about 2 PM our real estate agent called and said:
"Congratulations, your bid was accepted, you got the house".

Right away she faxed us the paperwork for us to check and to sign.
At 4:15, while we were still going through it she called again:
"Sorry, you don't have the house, it's been sold to someone else".

Most likely the owner got another offer and decided to break the oral agreement. Of course we were heavily disappointed,
especially considering the fact that in our area homes were selling like hot cakes.
Many homes that were posted in the morning were sold before nightfall (thanks to some investors).

A few weeks later we got one after all. And to be honest, we liked this one better and we were glad the previous deal went south.

Sometimes a set back turns out to be an advantage, that goes for freelance work too.
I rather not get the job than having to deal with all kinds of rudeness and inconsideration down the line.

Catalina

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 00:28
When agreements are not honoured in the long run it is a blessing, you really do not want to do business with someone who will no honour their word, oral or otherwise.

Would be nice if Hallmark made a card to say "Thanks for being dishonest - it lead to a better deal"

deltaegychem

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:28
Story of my life

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom