Obama Responsible for the Pending Demise of Iraq (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:23
Obama by calling for the ouster of Assad and by supplying covert assistance to so-called rebels in Syria has actually fostered the growth of ISIS, which has now "invaded" Iraq. This "invasion" is the result of Obama incompetent foreign policy.

Part of what makes this complicated is the chaos in Syria. It is difficult to tell the "good" rebels from the "bad" rebels. They also are fickle and change sides quite a bit. Consequently providing support to the "good" rebels means supplying the "bad" rebels too.

Unbelievably the Washington Post published this today. "Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels" Essentially the US will continue to supply "both" sides.

American Prosperity has this article: Militant Islamic Group ISIS Trained at U.S. Base in Jordan

Jordanian officials recently revealed that members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (also known as ISIS) were trained in 2012 by U.S. military instructors at a secret base in Jordan.
Of course, this raises the obvious question: Why did the American military train dangerous Islamic militants?

Answer: Because they were being trained with the intent of overthrowing the Syrian government and President Bashar al-Assad.

Jordanian officials claimed these Syrian rebels were screened to ensure they had no ties to Al-Qaeda or any other overly radical Islamic group. They also said that this training had no intention of being used in Iraq.

However, these good foreign policy intentions have backfired on the Obama Administration in a big way. Especially since the President declared an end to combat operations in Iraq nearly four years ago.

The correct strategy to restore Iraq, it would seem, would be to neutralize ISIS by supporting Assad. Assad would then be in a position to attack the ISIS safe areas in Syria. Potentially this could end the Syrian civil war. Potentially it would allow Iraq to re-constitute itself (assuming that would even be possible.)

The sad reality is that Iraq is really an artificial country that should be allowed to split into three countries. Nevertheless, Obama is responsible for this mess.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 13:23
Time for more focus on domestic affairs then foreign policy - pretty sad supplying that much money into a foreign country while Canadian are bringing potable water into Detroit. You can check but the UN has declared a long time ago that access to potable water is a basic human right.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 15:23
And things had been going so swimmingly there (not to mention the whole middle east) since 1933. All it takes is one Kenyan born Muslim to completely ruin a great thing.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:23
and things had been going so swimmingly there (not to mention the whole middle east) since 1933. All it takes is one kenyan born muslim to completely ruin a great thing.

lol.... ........... ..............

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
You Americans have done so well (in the eyes of the World {me at least}) in appointing a Black Man as your president. And you piss it up against the wall with your party politics tainted with barely concealed racism.

It is obvious to me that your venom against Obama is not driven by the normal taking sides Android v iPhone, Man U v Liverpool ... Red Socks v ??? (help me out here) it's driven by a deep rooted obsession about being superior to blacks, in a Country that prides itself on Equality.

God knows what will happen When Hillary gets in, I can imagine loads of Male Republicans, their blood pressure rising to such a level with the indignation of the second blow to what they perceive as right and righteous.

Is that why it's called right wing politics?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Technically if Obama is the 1st black president he's also the 44th white man to be president, so we aren't that great. Plus let's face it, anyone who gets elected president will always be a politician, so none of them deserve much respect.

You should have been here in the 90's. When she was Hillary was 1st lady they were having seizures because she was trying to actually accomplish something and not just looking pretty, reading books to kids and picking out curtains for the Oval office.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I posted something similar to my 1st post here, in G+.

One guy came back at me with "No, Obama's only Half Black" as if I was wrong... I didn't bother anymore. No sport in mocking the afflicted...

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:23
The problem was caused by Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq on false pretexts of Weapons of Mass Destruction that did not exist. The inspectors even said they didn't exist but Bush and his war-mongering cronies wanted a war and insisted on having one anyway.

Saddam Hussein kept a lid on the extremist problem. Bush took him out and things have got steadily worse ever since.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I couldn't have put it better , except to mention Bush's pet poodle , Blair, but at least over here many would like to see Blair tried as a war criminal.

Brian

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
over here many would like to see Blair tried as a war criminal.

That's nothing. Like Gizmo said, over here in the US our politics are so screwed up many want to see Bush Jr. tried for war crimes and many want to see Obama tried for war crimes. I'm sure the numbers are only slightly lower for war crimes against Clinton and Bush Sr.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
You are not comparing like for like. I would have thought out equivalent to your president would be our Queen, as for having a black monarch no I don't think that's happened yet but we have had Germans.

Bill Clinton was black? You could of fooled me...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
A rethink -- actually our Queen is like a senator, our country is now like a state, and the top person is president of Europe. Who that is or what colour they are I haven't got a clue. I know that David Cameron doesn't like him because he will scupa his attempts to limit euro powers.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
When South America joins with North America and we introduce the Amero as our currency our president will be like a senator also. Then when the Euro merges with the Amero as in One World Order will we have equality for all? Will nirvana finally be accomplished? Lol.

By then we will all be speaking Chinese, or facing Mecca.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
BTW as has been stated in other threads we do not elect our prime minister, he/she is the leader of the winning party and is chosen by that party, I know many Labour voters who did not want Blair as their leader but had no say in the matter.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Whether UncleG's comment was just a reaction to a post in this thread or a more general observation I don't know, nor do I know if true if a general observation , however I would not be surprised if the race card is played whenever Obama is criticised , it is over here if a coloured person is criticised, and the person so charged is guilty until proven innocent, which if it's one persons word against another is never.

Brian

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
You Americans have done so well (in the eyes of the World {me at least}) in appointing a Black Man as your president. And you piss it up against the wall with your party politics tainted with barely concealed racism.

It is obvious to me that your venom against Obama is not driven by the normal taking sides Android v iPhone, Man U v Liverpool ... Red Socks v ??? (help me out here) it's driven by a deep rooted obsession about being superior to blacks, in a Country that prides itself on Equality.

God knows what will happen When Hillary gets in, I can imagine loads of Male Republicans, their blood pressure rising to such a level with the indignation of the second blow to what they perceive as right and righteous.

Is that why it's called right wing politics?

NY Yankees?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Britain's most successful team in Europe are playing Man Utd in America tonight, actually early ours of the morning UK time. It is supposed to be a friendly pre season warm up !!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom