Obama (1 Viewer)

statsman

Local time
Today, 02:20
Years of research, wasn't Hitler backed by the catholic church?

They certainly didn't condemn him.

Pius XII who was the pope thought the main mission of his papacy was to stop the spread of communism. If this came about he was willing to overlook a lot. Nazi Germany was seen as a wall against the Western march of the commies. A point of view shared by most of Western Europe until the invasion of Poland.

Back to the religion in politics thread.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:20
Years of research, wasn't Hitler backed by the catholic church?

Muslims too, if memory serves me right. (I am getting older so memory may not be serving anything right now)

R

Rich

Muslims too, if memory serves me right. (I am getting older so memory may not be serving anything right now)

But Muslims aren't welcome in America now though, are they?

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
But Muslims aren't welcome in America now though, are they?

How does that fit with the statement of Catholic's backing Hitler? I was just chiming in that Muslims back Hitler too.

R

Rich

How does that fit with the statement of Catholic's backing Hitler? I was just chiming in that Muslims back Hitler too.

Just pointing out that it's payback time, though oddly enough for different reasons, just further justification to remove religion from politics altogether, then everywhere:eek:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Just pointing out that it's payback time, though oddly enough for different reasons, just further justification to remove religion from politics altogether, then everywhere:eek:

Ok, guess I'll just have to say your way too smart for me cause this point I'm not getting at all.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Which point do you not get?

about Muslims not being welcomed and paybacks. BTW, as I pointed out to Col a couple days ago, there are over 1200 Mosques in America so it's a little hard to say they are not welcomed

R

Rich

about Muslims not being welcomed and paybacks. BTW, as I pointed out to Col a couple days ago, there are over 1200 Mosques in America so it's a little hard to say they are not welcomed

Only American Muslims are "welcome";)

Local time
Today, 01:20
Only American Muslims are "welcome";)

Actually, any non-American Muslim, Jew, Baptist, Catholic, Anglican, Devil Worshipper, Lutheran, Buddist, Ahteist, Quaker, Rich, or Col is welcome in America, for the duration of their Visa.

You also brushed aside my last question, just leaving us to assume that since you know so much stuff, your opinion is fact. I do respect that you know a lot of stuff, just would like the facts so I can decide for myself (I'm not smart enough to make those same leaps).

R

Rich

Actually, any non-American Muslim, Jew, Baptist, Catholic, Anglican, Devil Worshipper, Lutheran, Buddist, Ahteist, Quaker, Rich, or Col is welcome in America, for the duration of their Visa.

You also brushed aside my last question, just leaving us to assume that since you know so much stuff, your opinion is fact. I do respect that you know a lot of stuff, just would like the facts so I can decide for myself (I'm not smart enough to make those same leaps).

Well ok let's take it a step at a time, you've left communists off the list, why?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 07:20
Do you have a link to the study you got that information from?
I think is self evident that no sane person would be a suicide bomber without the promise of paradise in the after-life. This would suggest that it would not be a good idea to recruit from atheists.

Local time
Well ok let's take it a step at a time, you've left communists off the list, why?

My apologies to the commies, bushmen, naturalists, forum addicts, Hindis, and anyone else with strong opinions about something that I may not have included in my original list. It was not intentional. Now, how 'bout the other "step"?

I think is self evident that no sane person would be a suicide bomber without the promise of paradise in the after-life. This would suggest that it would not be a good idea to recruit from atheists.

Most of the religious people on this forum do not engage in suicide bombing and some people who are not religious, even atheists, are deeply disturbed and do bad things, just like suicide bombers are/do.

The assumption that religion, or more accurately, deeply held spiritual beliefs, are bad because some whackos somewhere/sometime kill each other, ra** each other, torture each other, and other bad, vile stuff, and they are also members of some religion, cult, race, ethnic group, sex, sexual orientation, political group, citizen of some other country, or online forum (or any other category you can think of that I missed), does not make the religion, cult, ethnic group, sex, sexual orientation, political group, citizen of some other country, or forum bad. Nor by extension does it make all religions, cults, ethnic groups, genders, sexual orientations, political groups, citizens, or forums bad.

So, my question is, what study is there that would indicate that the world would be a happier place without religion? Is it possible that it is your opinion, though you respect the opinions of those of us on these forums who have deep religious convictions?

R

Rich

Both Bliar and Bush believed they had god on their side, are they liars?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Most of the religious people on this forum do not engage in suicide bombing and some people who are not religious, even atheists, are deeply disturbed and do bad things, just like suicide bombers are/do.
I would be very surprised if any people on this forum engage in suicide bombing. However it is a common slur by some religious people that atheists do lots of bad things. A view equally without foundation.
The assumption that religion, or more accurately, deeply held spiritual beliefs, are bad because some whackos somewhere/sometime kill each other, ra** each other, torture each other, and other bad, vile stuff, and they are also members of some religion, cult, race, ethnic group, sex, sexual orientation, political group, citizen of some other country, or online forum (or any other category you can think of that I missed), does not make the religion, cult, ethnic group, sex, sexual orientation, political group, citizen of some other country, or forum bad. Nor by extension does it make all religions, cults, ethnic groups, genders, sexual orientations, political groups, citizens, or forums bad.
I never said that. I am sure that the vast majority are good decent people regardless of their beliefs.
So, my question is, what study is there that would indicate that the world would be a happier place without religion? Is it possible that it is your opinion, though you respect the opinions of those of us on these forums who have deep religious convictions?
I have never claimed anything other than the empirical evidence of my own eyes for what I have said. I believe in tolerance. However throughout recorded time religion has been used to persecute nonconformists and to boost the authority of the ruling classes. I do not doubt that some religion has brought some happiness and comfort to some people but it is undeniable that over the years terrible things have been done in the name of religion.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Both Bliar and Bush believed they had god on their side, are they liars?
They probably sincerely believe they have god on their side so they are not lying about that.

Local time
I concede. You guys have out-posted me.

I would be very surprised if any people on this forum engage in suicide bombing.

Not arguing, just had a thought while reading this. This morning there was a post on the General forum about brutal sex...presumably that was posted by a (temporary) forum member. Not sure if people who post stuff about brutal sex would engage in (other?) deviant behavior, but your post made me think of it.

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
So we can conclude that their religion is a lie, I rest my case

No, YOU can conclude their religion is a lie (a conclusion you probably reached long before this post).

I'm sure THEY are still firmly convinced God is on their side.

That's one of the problems with religion, it's based on faith, not logic or science.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom