Obtain the security groups that the current user is a member of via LDAP (1 Viewer)

Coxylaad

Local time
Today, 03:41
Hi All,
I am new here, looking at developing an access application with some level of user control built in.
We are on a domain so the only people that will be able to access the database will authenticated users. However, I would like to be able to limit the users front end access based on what active directory security groups they are a member off.

The plan was when the user fired up the database a module would run to get the security groups the user was a member of.
So far I have managed to pull things like the full name, email address etc, but security group membership currently elludes me.

I dont want the user to have to put in another password, they have already authenticated themselves on the domain by logging onto the PC, I just want to return a list of security groups that I can store in a temporary table so I can control access to certain areas.

I have searched this forum and its helped get me most of the information apart from the security groups

can anyone help?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 10:41
you can google VBScript query ldap users and groups.
vbscript is more or less similar to vba.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom