• I am creating a new home page for this site, where the focus will be on directing people to the forums. If you would like to provide a testimonial, I would be most grateful. The thread where this is discussed can be found here: Seeking Testimonials Alternatively, just private message me.

Off Topic (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Local time
Today, 10:03
Singing to the choir here. So it is OK and acceptable to paint Black Lives Matter graffiti all over the place, it is OK to openly display disrespect to the National Anthem. BUT, wave the Confederate flag and the cancel culture rises-up in outrage to declare you a racist, plus other expletives. The cancel culture does not get to define what is "right' or "wrong". If we are supposed to be tolerant of Black Lives Matter, the cancel culture must be equally tolerant of the Confederate flag, plus other conservative viewpoints.
Especially when it turns out to be a Norwegian flag!

Came across a rather interesting article + videos today about the sweet and innocent Portland protestors. Bible burning?
Okay BLM, now you have "stopped preachin' and started meddling". Now that is so bizarre I would even be willing to believe those who will say "it was just a few bad apples". Because up to now, I hadn't seen such a thing.
I get the racial aspect, I get the anger at police, I've seen an apparent love of Fires and Water bottles. But the bible burning was new to me.

Local time
Politics is like a pendelum. It swings too far one way, so then it swings too far another way, and a knee jerk reactionary populace keeps driving it. So we all keep bouncing along...

A third party wouldn't hurt.

Isaac

Local time
Politics is like a pendelum. It swings too far one way, so then it swings too far another way, and a knee jerk reactionary populace keeps driving it. So we all keep bouncing along...

A third party wouldn't hurt.
Absolutely. I don't know if we'll ever get there. In the meantime someone from either party who bucks the system may have to partially satisfy us :(

Local time
These are not my mom's democrats anymore, they are so far left you can't even find them! o_O
Karen Bass, on Biden VP shortlist, scrambles to explain remarks on Castro, Scientology
Bass responded to video showing her speaking at a Scientology event in 2010
In 2016, when Castro died, she referred to him as "commandante en jefe" (commander in chief), and said his passing was a “great loss to the people of Cuba.” Those remarks have been criticized by Democrats in Florida in particular.

The_Doc_Man

Happy Retired Curmudgeon and Occasional Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:03
Regarding Karen Bass's comments about Castro in 2016, I would imagine her remarks were not that popular among expatriate Cubans either.

Local time
It used to be anyone that radical could not get on the ticket, nowadays folks like Bass are not considered radical enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom