One Database/Form to be used Offline and Update a Master DB afterwords ... (1 Viewer)

padlocked17

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:25
All,

I am need of some big picture help. I have a master database that essentially keeps track of a trip with multiple legs. The individual will move cargo from point A to point B, then to Point C, etc. I have a single database that will track every trip that anyone in the organization has done.

I need a way for the individuals when they go on these trips to essentially take a form, database or some type of product that will allow them to update the details of their trip as they are on the go.

Then when the individual returns, they would be able to "upload" the data to the master access database once they are on the organization's network. I had thought about utilizing Sharepoint as the Backend so they could "upload" data anywhere they had an internet connection to as well but am a little leary of using sharepoint.

Has anyone done something similiar or have any pointers on what approach I could take for this?

Thanks!

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 13:25
An Excel sheet? Then upload into the main db after return?

A small Access DB (perhaps running under runtime, so they don't need to install Access?) - record trip detail records, tagged with datetime and UserID, connect to tblTripDetails in the main db back home, copy any records not yet existing in main db into it?

padlocked17

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:25
An Excel sheet? Then upload into the main db after return?

A small Access DB (perhaps running under runtime, so they don't need to install Access?) - record trip detail records, tagged with datetime and UserID, connect to tblTripDetails in the main db back home, copy any records not yet existing in main db into it?

That's what I was thinking, just wanted to get some feedback from someone else.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom