Online Access Database (1 Viewer)

syedadnan

Access Lover
Local time
Today, 12:53
Regards,

I have a DB created in AC2010 could anyone tell me how i can use it online through internet is it possible ?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:53
The only two ways this works:

1. Through something along the lines of Citrix or other terminal-services (TS) server, you can log in to a TS server and Access could be active on it. There are special cases to consider if you were planning to share it, because sharing REALLY complicates matters.

2. Otherwise, if the database is split between a front-end and back-end (FE/BE) and the BE is in an SQL-server or similar environment, you can use any of several web design tools to share the BE with the Access FE app file. The FE will NOT work across the web due to the protocols required for "normal" Access connections.

You cannot run Access directly across the web. It is a workstation tools, not a web tool.

Now, if you said internet but really meant in-house INTRAnet, that might be a different answer.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:53
Question has been asked many times before. On this forum, there are a number of threads on the subject in the 'similar threads' section at the bottom of this thread.

Basically your options are terminal server or citrix to host both front and back ends or use sharepoint or Azure as a back end. You could also look at migrating to office 365 but I haven't heard any positive comments about it in regards access. You may need to rewrite (don't believe you can convert it) the front end as a web database, although the pages/forms developed have much less functionality than can be created using vba.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom