online Access user group meeting: Making and Using Access Add-Ins (1 Viewer)

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:43
hello everyone,

I gave a presentation about Access Add-ins. The video of the meeting recording is here. Callouts were added to explain things better, and show where mistakes were made, so you can see how to fix what the presenter missed.

Making and Using Access Add-Ins (49 minutes)

An add-in is created by starting with a free template (you can get this too), which makes it quick. Just a little replacing, and importing or creating objects. Add-ins are wonderful when they work, but sometimes getting them to work can be tricky.

Errors are discussed, and mistakes made -- a few were caught by others like Ben before they became a problem, but there was one that no one saw, so the new add-in didn't actually work (now it does, and you can download it).

... and how about that issue about add-ins getting lost with updates, causing you to have to install them again? Is there a way to stop that from happening? Colin asks a question about the registry key which prompts Ben S to give us some great insight.

~~~
This page is about creating and installing Microsoft Access Add-ins, and includes how to fix some of the errors that you might encounter. It has a download section where you can get free templates to build your own add-ins quicker, along with the ListHotKeys add-in that was demonstrated during the presentation (but this one works!) I'm still updating it, so if you look at it now, check back in a few days for corrected information in a couple places.

How to make and install an add-in for Microsoft Access
http://msaccessgurus.com/tool/Addin_HowTo.htm

4 Add-ins are demonstrated that you can download source code for here:

Add-ins aren't very well documented, and can be quirky to setup, but when they work, they're wonderful! ... and oh so convenient!

--------------------------
NOTE:
The original post was an invitation to attend the presentation, but since its over and you can't go back in history and attend, I changed what this says so it can still have useful information ~ and help you put earlier comments into better context ;)

Last edited:

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Are you the same time as UTC?

time is 17:00 UTC

It would be great to have you there, @MickJav !

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
the presentation is 12:00 noon CDT = 17:00 UTC = 18:00 London (just looked it up) ~ I hope that's right!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:43
@strive4peace Yes that is correct - The UK is 6 hours ahead of CET (most of the time, except when the clocks go back or forwards as that doesn't always happen on the same weekend!)
8 Hours ahead for Pacific Time.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
I've just been told that you don't actually have to be a member of the group to join the meeting. The connect information is in the first link.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:43
I know AccessUserGroups.org (Maria Barnes) posts youtube videos. Any chance this presentation will be recorded/posted?

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
I updated the original post in this thread about the Add-in presentation with useful information.

The video of the meeting recording is here. Callouts were added to explain things better, and show where mistakes were made, so you can see how to fix what the presenter missed.

Making and Using Access Add-Ins (49 minutes)

Thanks for attending, Colin, it was great that you were there, and also that asked that question about the registry key! It was a comfort to see you, theDBguy, and thanks for your comments.

Maurice, thanks and you're welcome. I'd be happy to listen to your idea. Feel free to share ~

Jack, Minty, Mick, John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom