Online Faxing service - COLOR fax? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:03
anyone know of an online faxing service - paid or free - that allows for sending COLOR FAXES ?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 09:03
Don't know. But given the evolution of technology, can't the recipient accept PDF documents or other word processing documents sent by email?
The FAX is like a zombie, a "dead" technology that keeps on ticking.:whistle:

Useful???? :unsure: Unstated, the ability to send a color FAX.

PS: One of those old day comments. In the old days when we actually had a telephone modem inside our computer, we had Windows software for sending and receiving a FAX. But then that was years ago, so that software may no longer be available, not to mention the actual modem.

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I've used two separate services, but I don't know (haven't tried) if they can do color.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've never seen a fax machine that could print in color.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I got a new credit card to get 75,000 airline miles. All good so far, I do this once or twice a year. Suddenly they decided they have no idea who I am even though I have two other accounts with them and have been with them for 5 years. So I have to go through this identity verification process. One of the links they sent me resulted in an error on the web page. The next option is fax. But they said it has to be a colorfax. I did a little research and found out that yes it's possible but no it's not very common! Especially with all the online fax services. Supposedly some machines can and some software can but the software involves teleconnections that I really don't understand and don't think I have.

Last resort, I think I'm about to send it to them by mail.

Pretty annoying and ridiculous for a customer who's been at the same address and the same phone number and is already an existing customer with two other accounts in good standing calling them to activate the card from the same phone number I've had for years.

Capital One knows how to frustrate one. But what a person won't do for a couple free airline tickets! :p

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
I've used two separate services, but I don't know (haven't tried) if they can do color.

Just to clarify: did you use faxing services with Access or in some other way? I know that Access hasn't been mentioned in the thread but in the context of the forum, I thought you might have meant using Access.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Just to clarify: did you use faxing services with Access or in some other way? I know that Access hasn't been mentioned in the thread but in the context of the forum, I thought you might have meant using Access.
Hi @shadow9449. No, I did not use those services from an Access database. I presume Access hasn't been mentioned because this topic was posted in the Watercooler forum, which could cover any topic. (Athough this may be an Access-centric website, I think we are free to discuss other interests as well.)

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Hi @shadow9449. No, I did not use those services from an Access database. I presume Access hasn't been mentioned because this topic was posted in the Watercooler forum, which could cover any topic. (Athough this may be an Access-centric website, I think we are free to discuss other interests as well.)

Got it. Thanks for clarifying! :)

The reason I thought I'd ask is because sometime "soon" I will be looking into faxing from Access and I thought that if you (or anyone else) knew of a good service and used it successfully then someone could help me with a head start. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask!

Cheers

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Got it. Thanks for clarifying! :)

The reason I thought I'd ask is because sometime "soon" I will be looking into faxing from Access and I thought that if you (or anyone else) knew of a good service and used it successfully then someone could help me with a head start. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask!

Cheers
I see. When you are ready, I suggest you start a new thread. In the meantime, here's a couple of links you might investigate. Good luck!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I would guess that there would be a pretty good number of third party applications that can be utilized which accept command line programming, which opens everything up to VBA.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
I see. When you are ready, I suggest you start a new thread. In the meantime, here's a couple of links you might investigate. Good luck!

Thanks! I hope they work with Access VBA....I'll check them out once I get into the project.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
I would guess that there would be a pretty good number of third party applications that can be utilized which accept command line programming, which opens everything up to VBA.

I guess you mean that you can use a Shell command to send faxes with the services? I hope you're right.

Of course APIs almost never have documentation for VBA so you have to wing it, IF it's possible. I have seen some that will take a cURL command, which I BELIEVE is built into Windows so you should be able to use it.

HOWEVER. many APIs assume that the scripting is being done from a web server and the document has to be referenced with a path on the server. You can't even use FTP to upload the document and then pass a URL. Anyway, as I said to dbGuy, I'll worry more about it when I get there.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
My home printer can fax and receive fax in color and B&W. I do not use the color option very often.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I guess you mean that you can use a Shell command to send faxes with the services? I hope you're right.

Of course APIs almost never have documentation for VBA so you have to wing it, IF it's possible. I have seen some that will take a cURL command, which I BELIEVE is built into Windows so you should be able to use it.

HOWEVER. many APIs assume that the scripting is being done from a web server and the document has to be referenced with a path on the server. You can't even use FTP to upload the document and then pass a URL. Anyway, as I said to dbGuy, I'll worry more about it when I get there.

No, I mean that you can control the software you have installed, after installing it using the command prompt. If you simply Google free fax software with command line, you will probably get the right results. Of course that depends on if you have the telephone set up to incorporate into the software. It's possible there are other programs that don't require you to actually use your telephone as a fax machine and provide a service instead.

Anything that can be controlled via the command line is open to VBA since you can use VBA to create a bat file and run it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom