Page X of Y where x and y are relative to the record being printed (1 Viewer)

Cowboy_BeBa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:00
hi all

ive made a report that is basically just a purchase order sheet
the issue is several purchase orders can be generated at once (i force a new page after the record finishes)

so as a result the default "Page X of Y" label has X as the current page number and Y as the total number of pages, however each record is a unique purchase order and it does not look good for a supplier to get a purchase order that says "Page 3 of 20" or another one to get pages 4-9 of 20, theyll wonder where the other pages are.

Thought about simply removing the label (actually i have done that), but the issue is if some suppliers get quite large purchase orders that go over several pages theyd need to know how many pages (in case they do lose one, theyd never know it unless it was numbered)
The other easy answer is to print out one at a time, but im building this DB to be flexible as i wont always be around to help em use it, if they need to print out a dozen PO's at a time im gonna get some complaints

so i need a way of resetting X and Y for each record
am hoping there is a simple way of doing this but as i havent figured it out im assuming it will involve some vb coding (like setting two variables for X and Y and finding a way to change them to reflect the values i need, but hoping that aint necessary)

anyone know what can be done in this situation?

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 02:00
The other easy answer is to print out one at a time, but im building this DB to be flexible as i wont always be around to help em use it, if they need to print out a dozen PO's at a time im gonna get some complaints

anyone know what can be done in this situation?

Keep it simple. In this case the easy way will always work correctly. I print one at a time. I also make it very easy for the users.

I have created an example. See if this is easy enough for your users:

Batch Printing and Save As PDF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom