Passing Data to Acrobat Form (1 Viewer)

stonesrock

Local time
Today, 08:01
Has anyone ever passed data from database to an Acrobat form? I can do this with a Word form, but would prefer to do on PDF form because it provides a more professional look to form. We are limited on Access licenses, so I can have users enter feedback into an Access form.

Again, I can do this in Word (push and pull data) passing information to bookmarks/formfields.

Thanks in advance.

ChrisLayfield

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:01
I have yet to do this, but doesn't work in the same exact way? You have to of course set-up the pdf as a fillable form first, but don't you still need to create bookmarks and everything the same way?

Since you already know how to do all of this in Word and if you have the Word form set-up correctly why not just push out to the Word form or make an Access report? If licensure is an issue, this would eliminate that as a problem.

stonesrock

Local time
Today, 08:01
I agree, it basically comes down to the "comments" section I want the end user to fill out. A nice formatted scrollable text box works much better in a PDF form whereas you can't build in a Word form (using 2003 version, may be different with newer versions).

Thanks for the reply.

I have yet to do this, but doesn't work in the same exact way? You have to of course set-up the pdf as a fillable form first, but don't you still need to create bookmarks and everything the same way?

Since you already know how to do all of this in Word and if you have the Word form set-up correctly why not just push out to the Word form or make an Access report? If licensure is an issue, this would eliminate that as a problem.

ChrisLayfield

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:01
I don't know of a way to do that in Word, but it is easily created in an Access report and you can capture the comment back into the database easily. Open the Property Sheet, Format tab, Scroll Bars change to Vertical. That should give you want you want.

Using an Access report will save you a lot of work and you can make it look as professional as you like. This also gives you more flexibility to directly save, email, create a pdf of the report, or whatever else you want to do with the document when done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom