Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 13:52

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
It's rumored that Oprah and Meghan are in business together, that might explain why Oprah gave the ex-royals 7 million in plugs during the so called interview.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
What does 7 million in plugs mean?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
By plugs I really mean public relations or PR

The winner on the day was most likely the couple’s Archewell Foundation, a charitable enterprise which was borne out of the bungled creation of an earlier entity, Sussex Royal. (In February 2020 the couple were forced to abandon their earlier plan because Sussex Royal had breached special copyright protections over the use of the word “royal” and the depiction of royal crowns.)

Two hours of free PR also can’t hurt the couple’s deals with Netflix, to develop “scripted and unscripted series, film, documentaries, and children programming” and Spotify, to produce and host a podcast, though it remains unclear how a television interview with such monstrous audience and revenue potential then ended up on CBS, who paid the couple nothing.

In pure PR terms, measuring its success or failure may be difficult to divine immediately.

NauticalGent

CopyPaster of the First Order
Local time
Today, 16:52
The drama around this couple reminds me of this clip. I realize this is fiction, but I can see where this applies...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:52
I forgot about that channel. That must be due to drop shortly?

This report mentions the possibility of piers joining the new Andrew Neil channel.

Mind you I reckon he'd get better money in the USA so it's probably a toss-up whether he moves to the States or stays here.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Looks like the USA may get its cake and eat it! Both a president and a royal in one package.

Does this mean Harry would become king of America?

NauticalGent

CopyPaster of the First Order
Local time
Today, 16:52
Hell, why not??

I did see in one article about how this union was a Trojan Horse on the part of GB to gets its wayward colony back...

Now THAT would make me LMAO....

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Yes, I can see Megan kneeling before Harry!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Uhg, GOSH. [uttered while shaking head with an expression of utmost contempt for the idea]

Well, as much as I cannot imagine her ever winning, I must admit......her inexorable, inexplicable, non sensical harping of the same single issue over and over until everyone sees her as some kind of victim of you-know-what - You'd have to agree, she's got the liberal arguments pretty much down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom