Police are the new pariahs (1 Viewer)

CollaTech

Local time
Tomorrow, 04:01
Are there enough evidence that would put Cuomo guilty? He is only accused of words and words are not enough to put someone in jail. Though, of course we want justice but, how can we do it if there is something lacking..

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:01
Are there enough evidence that would put Cuomo guilty? He is only accused of words and words are not enough to put someone in jail. Though, of course we want justice but, how can we do it if there is something lacking..
Unfornaulty we are blocked from knowing the answer to that because the media is part of the state-run news agency. :cool:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
It is kind of amazing that that whole thing seems to have blown over, despite what - 1 or 2 dozen accusers?

Then again, to be 100% fair, I have to take the same approach as I do to other people (even though I greatly dislike Cuomo, and his political fall would be welcome) - innocent until proven guilty. And so far there are just a bunch of words - at least half of them not even referencing things that aren't legal in the first place, like "he put his hand on my back once in 1984". I mean c'mon, that's ridiculous to even bring up.

As much as I would like to see Cuomo removed, I also want to demonstrate the same fair attitude on the subject as I would want brought to the table if the accused were Kavanaugh or Deshaun, or any other man of power and/or money who becomes the target of a bunch of jump-on-the-bandwagon claims that nobody has any clue if they are real or made up.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:01
Jon Lawrance, your security countermeasures are very weak. Blocking IP and email addresses are easily bypassed.
How would you know what I did?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I love swatting the digital fly. There are haters of this forum who just can't stop coming back!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:01
Gregg Gutfeld had an excellent monologue concerning the en-masse resignation of the Portland, OR riot squad (It is my underestanding that they did not resign from the police force). Evidently, one of their police officers used proverbial "excessive force" (validity unknown) and was indicted. The very short summary of Gutfeld's monologue, the rioters were attacking the police and the police have to be involved in restraining the rioters which takes physical force. So to have one of the officers indicted for a supposed criminal act while the rioters, committing criminal acts, go "free" is abhorrent. Furthermore, the Portland political leaders appear to be anti-police. Therefore the political leaders don't have the policeman's "backs". Resignation is the logical option.

Since posting, this article/video of Gutfelds monologue became available.
Think about it -- you're brought in to stop a riot, cuz that's your job. And lately, you’ve been busier than Brian Stelter at the Costco free sample cart. There's chaos, mayhem, smoke, fire, fists, the stench of body odor. You know - like rehearsal on the set of "The View." And all you're trying to do is control things, and save lives.

And yet you get busted for hitting someone at a riot who happens to have a camera in the thick of it. Something Alec Baldwin does every day. You see how it's a losing proposition. It’s like apologizing to the woke mob. You’re damned if you do, damned if you don't. Or if you're the remaining law-abiding citizens of Portland who can't move out: just damned to hell. Especially when you have a mayor this pathetically weak.

Nonetheless, the Oregonian noted, the mayor, who is also the local police commissioner, had been determined to stand in solidarity with the crowd against federal law enforcement. ““The reason I am here tonight is to stand with you,” he told the crowd, the paper reported. “If they’re launching the tear gas against you, they’re launching the tear gas against me.”

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:01
Gregg Gutfeld had an excellent monologue concerning the en-masse resignation of the Portland, OR riot squad (It is my underestanding that they did not resign from the police force). Evidently, one of their police officers used proverbial "excessive force" (validity unknown) and was indicted. The very short summary of Gutfeld's monologue, the rioters were attacking the police and the police have to be involved in restraining the rioters which takes physical force. So to have one of the officers indicted for a supposed criminal act while the rioters, committing criminal acts, go "free" is abhorrent. Furthermore, the Portland political leaders appear to be anti-police. Therefore the political leaders don't have the policeman's "backs". Resignation is the logical option.

Since posting, this article/video of Gutfelds monologue became available.

This is simultaneously sad - and a perfect case of "I told you so."

Some people just CANNOT put two and two together with any semblance of reaching four. You cut back on police? Crime goes up. That includes violent crime. The linked article from Portland, OR should be a slap in the face to the "defund the police" crowd. This little paragraph from the middle of the article might be the most significant summary of what is going on:

The numbers alone are troubling, but even more worrisome when compared with other similarly sized cities, where violent crime numbers are considerably less, including Seattle and Boston. In Portland, long considered a liberal stronghold in America, some community leaders and officers feel that police defunding efforts in summer 2020 may have backfired, at least somewhat. With fewer officers on the street, violence has escalated significantly.

All I can say is "What did you expect?"

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
So to have one of the officers indicted for a supposed criminal act while the rioters, committing criminal acts, go "free" is abhorrent.
Is this an example of the liberal ideology of identity politics? Treat blacks and whites differently. Treat men and women differently. Treat police and citizens differently. Treat immigrants and nonimmigrants differently. Break everybody up into groups and favour one over the other.

All I can say is "What did you expect?"
They did not expect it else they wouldn't have done it. It shows they are subject to the hysteria of the moment, rather than the rather obvious correlation between levels of policing and crime rates. Clear evidence they cannot be trusted to make sensible policy decisions, putting people needlessly in danger.

The effect in the streets was immediate: From Jan. 1, 2020, to June 30, 2020, Portland had just four murders. In the following 12-month period, Portland tallied 94 homicides.
Source: the Yahoo article linked in the previous post.

Who is responsible for increasing the murder rate by nearly x12? 41% of those murdered were Black, yet they make up only 5.8% of the city's population. These liberal policies are disproportionately affecting their voters in a deadly way.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Hopefully, Tuesday's governor's race in Virginia will be an indicator of the public's mood for liberal social policy.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Is this an example of the liberal ideology of identity politics? Treat blacks and whites differently. Treat men and women differently. Treat police and citizens differently. Treat immigrants and nonimmigrants differently. Break everybody up into groups and favour one over the other.
That sums it up
Who is responsible for increasing the murder rate by nearly x12? 41% of those murdered were Black, yet they make up only 5.8% of the city's population. These liberal policies are disproportionately affecting their voters in a deadly way.
This is sad on many levels but I think blacks are actually waking up to the problem. For YEARS they've believed the rhetoric of the democrats. The politicians are always saying, "you've got to elect us again, we almost have it fixed. We just need a little more time." The majority of the politicians who run the US's worst cities are Democrats and black. The Republicans convinced themselves that they couldn't win in heavily black districts and didn't spend much time campaigning there so it was a self fulfilling prophecy.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Hopefully, Tuesday's governor's race in Virginia will be an indicator of the public's mood for liberal social policy.
A spotlight needs to also be focused on Attorney General races. In the case of Virginia, the Republican candidate is Jason Miyares. As of October 27, 2021, he was slightly behind the Democratic candidate, Mark Herring.
https://ballotpedia.org/Virginia_Attorney_General_election,_2021
Winning the governors race in Virginia would be good, but the election of a Democratic Attorney General will mean less law enforcement (the police treated as pariahs) and also selective law enforcement. One hideous example, the NY Attorney General, Letitia "Tish" James, ran on the specific platform to specifially find anything to pin some yet to be discovered "crime" on Trump.

In North Carolina, the current Democratic governor, Roy Cooper, previously served as the NC Attorney General. He was able to use that position to create a misleading narrative concerning the Republican candidate, who obviously then lost. Additionally, vandalism charges against some students for damaging a Confederate monument where amazingly "dropped" despite all the video evidence. (The disappearance of the charges involved the Attorney Generals at also the city and county level.)

Additionally, it appears that George Soros is funding the election campaigns of far left Attorney Generals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom