Popup Form vanishing (1 Viewer)

gblack

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:29
Occasionally I have a situation where a popup/modal form vanishes from the desktop. I keep the database window (or whatever it's called now) hidden...so the user will see nothing but the form itself.

Most recently I was running the form, but at the same time had the code editor open. When I made a change to the code... the open from disappeared. Access was still running in task manager as MSAcess.exe, but my form went a way leaving me only with the code window.

Other times this has happened randomly if, say, I was using access and then switched to working on something else... every once in a while... Poof... The form disappears. I can't attribute this to any particular thing... because sometimes the form goes away (seemingly) when the application is open and it just sits for a while.

I know in these instances that Access is still running, because I have to kill it using task manager before I can actually doubleclick and open the database again.

My question is: Is there something I can do, to get that form to pop back up, once it hides? Like some crazy special key combo (like hold shft+f11+page down+ spin around in your chair... etc). I was thinking that there maybe some code I can write and possibly pull the disappeared form back up, using a different MS Access file and point to the one I have open already and get the form to pop back up, but that seems pretty involved... Is there and easier way I'm not thinking of? Or even maybe a way to prevent this from happening in the first place?

Thanks,
Gary

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:29
This happens to me too. I do not know why it happens. I would like to hear from anyone that has an idea on this.

So bump.

gbnz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:29
Anyone have any ideas on this one?

I have a form that I changed the property "Pop Up" from No to Yes and now when I click on the control to open it the Access database window just blinks without the form being there.

I can (sometimes) open the form in design view and then switch it to form view and it will be there. But most of the time it is not visible. Really has me stumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom