Possible to Convert laptop screen to vga or svideo (1 Viewer)

maxiice

Local time
Today, 11:58
I have a 15" lcd panel that coms from a fujitsu siemens laptop.
I have only the lcd panel now with a few wires coming out of it.:confused:

I realy dont vant to throw te panel away, i know its working

Pictures can be added if this realy is possible
I fthis is the wrong forum please show ma the right one...

sbenj69

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:58
well you could see if you can get a schematic, or wire out on the panel and see if you can add a hddb-15 male end to it, of course having the appropriate wires going to the right pin-outs.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:58
I can't remember the details but I helped someone recently who was trying to fix a laptop by installing the screen from one laptop onto another laptop. Both the same make and model I believe.

The replacement screen wouldn't work, and I introduced the person to Steve Scarisbrick, who deals in secondhand computers and laptops. I have his number if you want it!

Steve said that are problem was the screen drivers in each laptop was different, this is why it wouldn't work. Even with similar models, the screen driver can change and cause problems. So it may not be a simple operation. Just thought I should let you know.

maxiice

Local time
I can't remember the details but I helped someone recently who was trying to fix a laptop by installing the screen from one laptop onto another laptop. Both the same make and model I believe.

The replacement screen wouldn't work, and I introduced the person to Steve Scarisbrick, who deals in secondhand computers and laptops. I have his number if you want it!

Steve said that are problem was the screen drivers in each laptop was different, this is why it wouldn't work. Even with similar models, the screen driver can change and cause problems. So it may not be a simple operation. Just thought I should let you know.

Thanks but the idea was to use the screen on different items. So i guess there in no hope,
But thanks enyway

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:58
Thanks but the idea was to use the screen on different items. So i guess there in no hope,
But thanks enyway

Dan dan daaaaa there is always hope ;)

If you still want to do this you can get an LCD controller board, you'll need to know the exact make and model of your panel then head over to here and you'll be able to get a model number for the board.

These guys don't sell direct by the look of it but they seem to have plenty of distributors.

maxiice

Local time
Dan dan daaaaa there is always hope ;)

If you still want to do this you can get an LCD controller board, you'll need to know the exact make and model of your panel then head over to here and you'll be able to get a model number for the board.

These guys don't sell direct by the look of it but they seem to have plenty of distributors.

Ok thanks, i had a lok at the site and an distributor, and most cards are at least 120$, i wasent gona spend that on this screen, maybe a trip to ebay will get me an 15" lcd with analog conection to it....:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom