Power Automate Flow - ODATA filter column is null (2 Viewers)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:32
Just to get this forum started with some searchable information!

I had a Flow that gets items from a Sharepoint list. In the GetItems step, I wanted to filter and only get records where the column DateEmailSent was null or blank.

Many things did not work that seemed like they should according to various articles I came across on the Microsoft forum. What eventually worked was typing this directly into the ODATA filter box:
Code:
(DateEmailSent eq null)

Notes:
  1. The parenthesis were required
  2. null had to be in lowercase
  3. Building this expression using dynamic content for DateEmailSent and Null, and then placing: a space, then eq, then a space, in between the two dynamic contents, did not work

victoriacooper

Local time
Today, 15:02
Hey,

What you Can do is check ColumnName not null.

Simply writing column name operator Properly and null will work correctly.

Just Give it a Try. If it still fails, try to close the flow open again and run it. It should work.

Thanks and Regards,
Victoriacooper.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 05:32
Hello Victoria, welcome to AWF! Are you adept with PowerApps?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Hey,

What you Can do is check ColumnName not null.

Simply writing column name operator Properly and null will work correctly.

Just Give it a Try. If it still fails, try to close the flow open again and run it. It should work.

Thanks and Regards,
Victoriacooper.
Hi @victoriacooper & welcome to AWF ..

As I mentioned this was what worked for me:

Code:
(DateEmailSent eq null)

I'm honestly not sure what you mean (precisely), by:
writing column name operator Properly and null

Anyway, I'm happy it's working now - welcome to the forum how are you enjoying Power Automate?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
For info, Power Automate Desktop is now available as a free download for Win 10 users. It looks very powerful
Power Automate Desktop | Microsoft Power Automate

The original Power Automate is a completely separate product with monthly fees.
Awesome ... My company does not currently provide/allow us to download Power Automate Desktop, so I'll have to try it at home. Let us know what you think if you explore!

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:32
I saw a presentation on PAD at Access DevCon yesterday. Very impressive. I've not had time to explore it yet.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:32
This is exciting news, the fact that Power Automate Desktop is now free. I ran an entire business on near complete automation in the past using Automate, which is a macro program for controlling Windows. The few hundred dollars it cost me was well worth the money. In 550 lines of code, I ran nearly the entire business.

Steveskok

Local time
Today, 15:02
@arnelgp

Microsoft Power Apps is mainly a user interface design tool for forms, while Microsoft Power Automate is a workflow and process automation tool. They're individual products however can be integrated.

PowerApps is a tool that enables you to build customized apps and can be used via mobile devices and the browser. You can build apps without any code using the drag and drop method.

Power Automate is a service that helps you create automated workflows between your favorite apps and services to synchronize files, get notifications, collect data.

I hope this you will find helpful!

Thank me later

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
For me personally, Power Automate has been doing tasks I might have otherwise seen as under the purview of SSIS. Batch jobs at the server level, either Scheduled or Triggered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom