Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:30
Well, Colin ... you DID. You weren't always Isladogs, you know.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 21:30
True …. though of course a change of user name wasn't what I meant in this case ;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I have an image of Colin, developed over many years of distant observation on this site:-
Imagine your family has a visit over Christmas from a typical great uncle. He commandeers the best chair in the living room, between the Christmas tree and the fire. He sits there farting and burping without a care for niceties. He hasn't had a shower for two weeks and it shows, his beard and hair unkempt, un-brushed and you're afraid to look to see if there are any creatures wandering around in it. He might well ask you if he can borrow a bug rake, he's not joking. You lend him your comb, and you throw it on the fire when he gives it back to you.

At every opportunity he makes disparaging remarks, the mince pies are too sweet, the cups are too small, he prefers a mug. the Tea is too weak, or too strong, it doesn't really matter whichever way you make it, it will be wrong! When he is finished drinking his tea from the saucer, and finished off ALL the rich tea biscuits, brushed the crumbs on to the hearth, then, he makes a great show of clearing his nose and throat of phlegm and spits it in to the cup. It's Christmas so you can't really say anything, and the kids love him!

That's really clever. Actually, my father used to drink his tea from a saucer, he also used to moan about anybody who appeared on TV. I also had an uncle who had a "wind" problem, and to a young nephew it was hilarious.

Here's a tip, never have Rich Tea biscuits with tea, they are useless if you dunk biscuits in tea, they break after a second or two and you have a soggy mess at the bottom of the cup. My preference is Custard Creams, easily dunkable. Bourbon are also good as are Hobnobs.

Col

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 14:30
I've a feeling Colin wouldn't mind the Kentucky version of Bourbon for his tea...

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I know I am late to the party. But I scanned a number of the comments trying to figure out what was going on with Prince Harry (I do not really follow the lives of the famous people of the world). I remember his name coming up in the news. But I have no idea really what is going on with him.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 17:30
It started out about Prince Harry suing some newspapers for allegedly hacking his phone. It has, however, long-since been derailed by CE and his obsessive hatred of Meghan Markle for being American and, even worse, not being 100% Caucasian.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
It has, however, long-since been derailed by CE and his obsessive hatred of Meghan Markle for being American and, even worse, not being 100% Caucasian.

Honestly I think its something worse, he's fearful that someone will be able to add enough genetic material to an otherwise incredibly inbred group to allow it to become more viable. For over a thousand years one family has been trying to breed itself into all royal families to the exclusion of others. They've demonstrated many hereditary diseases. I think our ese in Essex is terrified they'll be able to survive the next millennium.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I see on the news today that the Yankee Half Breed goldigger z rated actress has finally managed to manipulate Prince Harry to finally sever connections with the Royal Family.
She is now free to cash in on using Price Harry's status and name, and amass a fortune by using her manipulative devious mind. One day Harry will wake up and see what the goldigger is doing, sadly he's stuck in the USA with her.
Col

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Just make sure you keep paying your taxes so they can stay in this life they have become accustomed to...
Not sure who's taxes you're referring to, but I don't he, or his tart, receive any money from the British Exchequer. I'm pleased to say :)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Usually, the English guy is the Baddy....

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Not sure who's taxes you're referring to, but I don't he, or his tart, receive any money from the British Exchequer. I'm pleased to say :)
Wow....almost as harsh as CE! You're entitled to your opinion....

So, where does the British Exchequer get it's funds from?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
If Wikipedia has it right, I agree they are hardly a sterling source for info:
It was the name of a British government department responsible for the collection and the management of taxes and revenues; of making payments on behalf of the sovereign and auditing official accounts. It also developed a judicial role along with its accountancy responsibilities and tried legal cases relating to revenue.

Sounds like the equivalent of the US Treasury. I hope they are not as irresponsible...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Doh....I just read what Bob Fitz said...excuse me, not enough coffee yet.

So...where does the Royal allowance come from?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
What do you mean by "Royal allowance"?
If I am starting to raise hackles, I assure you that is not my intent - so I will rephrase. By allowance I mean the finances of the Royal Family - where dose it come from?

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
If I am starting to raise hackles, I assure you that is not my intent - so I will rephrase. By allowance I mean the finances of the Royal Family - where dose it come from?
The Civil List, in the United Kingdom, the list of sums appropriated annually by Parliament to pay the expenses of the sovereign and his or her household. The sums are charged to the government's Consolidated Fund and audited by the treasury.
Only the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen Mother ever received direct funding from the Civil List. The Prince of Wales and his immediate family (the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry) received their income from the Duchy of Cornwall.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Apparently he did wake up and realized love is more important then all the Kingdoms on earth. Good for Prince Harry and Princess Meghan.
I binge-watched "The Crown" on Netflix during this "pandemic"...damn show actually has me feeling sorry for the Royals! Hell, "Breaking Bad" had me cheering for a drug dealer.

Had no idea how easily I could be manipulated...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom