print only pages with top value above threshhold (1 Viewer)

pbuethe

Returning User
Local time
Yesterday, 21:02
I am trying to print a report with a page for each facility, and each page shows the patient with the top total payments at that facility, and a list of that patient's claims. However, the page should not display if the total payments are <$1000.

I have a main report which displays the facility name and number.
The first subreport displays the top patient's info: medicaid #, name, DOB, total # of claims, total payments. This is based on a top values query which takes the top 1 value of total payments.

The subreport has a subreport which lists the patient's claims individually with the service date, claim #, and payment amount for each.

How can I print only the pages where the total payments (displayed on the subreport) is >=1000? If I put the criteria in the subreport query, it will still print the facility name and number and the column headings (which are in the main report) for the pages with empty subreports.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:02
I would do it in the query that the report is based on.

pbuethe

Returning User
Local time
Yesterday, 21:02
I changed the query to find the top value using method 1 from MS Knowledge Base article #153747. The top value query was based on 4 queries/tables but I was able to simplify this to 2, one of which contained the >=1000 criteria. I was able to simplify the report so it was just a main report (with facility info and patient info) and a subreport (with the claim details). It works great now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom