Print report to 2 different printers (1 Viewer)

Mitch_____W

Mitch
Local time
Today, 06:51
I need to print a report one time to the user's default printer and then again to another printer... I print the report using a DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName" behind a Button on a form. Is there a way to change the page setup properties of a report with code?

Mitch_____W

Mitch
Local time
Whoa!!!! You weren't kidding about it being complicated!! I think I might back up and punt on this one...

simongallop

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:51
Create a copy of the report and in the page setup of the report change the printer on the Page tab (Acc97) and select specific printer. Not pretty but simple!

Mitch_____W

Mitch
Local time
That is the route I had planned on taking, however it is going to really inflate the size of the DB... I am actually printing 21 pages via 17 reports, once to a printer and then again to the Adobe Acrobat Distiller...

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:51
Another solution would be to open up the Print Dialog Box through your print command button and manually select the printer. Of course, you would have to run this command twice, but it would save you from having 2 copies of the same report.

Calvin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:51
Mitch,
You mentioned the Adobe Acrobat Distiller, do you have access to Adobe's ASN developers site? If so writing the code using Adobe's Acrobat SDK and using their API is going to be your solution. That's what they have it for. I beleive they just came out with vs 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom