Printer not found (1 Viewer)

MIkeD666

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:50
Hi I had a problem with my hp printer the other week, it ran our of ink. I refilled the cartridge and every thin was fine, until I came to use my database in access 2010 .
The data base no longer see's my printer at all. I have un-installed and reinstalled the printer a few times already.

But still get the same issues. It runs fine with word, excel and any other program i want. it's just access 2010 that i have an issue. when i try to print i get default window that show the printer and that is ready . once i click the ok button to print i get along error message that says
" there was a problem retrieving printer information of this object. The object may sent to a printer that is unavailable"

I tried running another database but got the same problem. Any one else had this problem or know how to fix it.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:50
If this is windows 10, try stopping the "Let Windows manage my printer" automated thing, and set your printer as the default printer.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:50
Have you rebooted your Windows machine since that "out of ink" incident? Have you actually turned off and then turned on the printer since then?

Is this a local printer, a networked (but hard-wired) printer managed on another machine, or a WiFi-connected printer?

Finally, was the printer installed by supplying a driver disk? Or by using the "Let Windows find my driver"? Or visiting the printer's maker's web site to download the specific driver?

All of those questions have some relation to the way Windows handles a printer including whether it remembers a status change correctly.

MIkeD666

Registered User.
Local time
Have you rebooted your Windows machine since that "out of ink" incident? Have you actually turned off and then turned on the printer since then?

Is this a local printer, a networked (but hard-wired) printer managed on another machine, or a WiFi-connected printer?

Finally, was the printer installed by supplying a driver disk? Or by using the "Let Windows find my driver"? Or visiting the printer's maker's web site to download the specific driver?

All of those questions have some relation to the way Windows handles a printer including whether it remembers a status change correctly.
Hi i have both shut down the printer and laptop a number of times.
the printer is hard wired via a ubs port
and the printer was installed using a manufacturer downloaded drivers.
I am using windows 10

i have removed and reinstalled the printer using both let windows installed the printer and by also using the downloaded drivers from the manuf
I am thinking it may be worth a try uninstalling access and reinstalling it. I have back up of my work on both a external HD and cloud.

I have both tried repair and reset access but still get the error message.

Last edited:

onur_can

Local time
Hello
I think if you normally see the printer in Excel and Word, if you can't see Access and see the printer in all other applications, you need to uninstall Office 2010 and do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom