Problem Converting From 97 To 2003 (1 Viewer)

MarySan1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:03
trying to convert to 2003 format and I get conversion errors. They are in 2 tables.
1-customers table says -1605:could not find field "description"
2-orders table says -1522: No unique index found for the refrenced field of the primary table.

Can anyone help? I can get in to create new reports & quiries, but if want to add orders to customers it will not let me.

I would appreciate help.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:03
The data and fields should be there. Can you not open the tables in design view and confirm that everything looks okay? The second warning is probably just that, a warning that the table is not indexed.

You can also create a new Access 2003 db and import all of the 97 objects into the new Access 2003 file. Did you first run the repair and compact commands on the 97 db before you tried to convert it.

MarySan1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:03
I did open a new 2003 db and imported all the tables, forms, reports, etc., but it still would not import the customers table. I then went back to the 97 db and exported that table into the 2003 db. That seemed to work, but I still cannot add additonal orders to any customers, the button is greyed out.

now what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom