Problem with form and sub-form and combo box (1 Viewer)

keving

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:10
I would appreciate any help with this problem I can't seem to debug.

I have a form with a linked sub-form. On the main form I have a combo box. The main form is built off a course table, keyed by course code. When the form is opened the first record in the course table is displayed and related information from a scheduling table is displayed in the sub-form. Everything on both forms works correctly. The Combo box is used to change records on the main form, i.e. go form course 1 to course 2. When the combo box is used and exited the main form record changes and the sub-form records change and everything appears to be okay.

The problem. When the combo box is used and you click anywhere in the sub form or try to leave the main form. An error is generated saying the record cannot be changed or deleted because related records exist. This error is not generated if the combo box is not used.

Thanks to anyone who may offer some help.

Kevin ....

keving

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:10
Rich said:
Make sure the combo box is Unbound

Thanks I will give that a try. Currently the Combo Box is bounded to the course code.

Keving

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:10
Bounded is not a correct usage unless you are talking about how an Irish Setter crossed a yard. Bound in this case is the past tense of Bind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom