Problem with Login form and "Activation Failed" Error (1 Viewer)

Db-why-not

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:35
I have Access 2016 installed on my computer, all my coworkers have access 2016. I have multiple people using my database on a network folder. The Front end is split with back end on the shared drive. I have my users copy the front end to their desktop. I don't have any issues using my front end or backend. I am able to login and open everything up. My coworkers haven not been able to open my front end database. They are gettting a message the they need to activate Microsoft Access. I haven't been getting that error. They can open Microsoft access they can even create a new access database it just won't let them open my database. It Say (Activation Failed) at the top of the menu. ITs not a pop up message, but sometimes they do get a message about activating Microsoft access. I had one of my coworkers call IT to help them to activate the software , they got the software activated and they are still not able to open my database. My front end and back end are Accde files. I tried giving them a copy of the front end as a Accdb file also and they still couldn't open it.

My database has a custom login form that I have as the first thing that opens up so it forces users to login. Its a pop up. I changed my database so that the login form was not the first form that opens up and suddenly my coworkers could open my database with no problem and everything worked. I had them click on the login form and the login form refused to open up though. This is only for my coworkers though. I have no issues with the login form when I open it from my computer. I have no issues opening the database. I had my coworkers check the old versions of the database and old versions are not working either. I had made some minor changes to the front end at the end of the month in a new version of the front end. The old versions should have still worked, they previously worked for everyone.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what might be going on with my database. It works great for me, but not for any of my coworkers. If I remove have the database skip the login form on opening my coworkers are able to open the database, but they can't get the login form to open.

Its some issue with the login form and product activation, but I don't know how to fix it. I need the login form because it affects what data each person sees in the database. I told all my coworkers to have IT make sure their software is activated. Only 1 person has done that so far and they still couldn't open my database with the login form.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 04:35
its not your db, it's their Access. Every PC must have a legal version of Access with the license key.

Db-why-not

Registered User.
Local time
its not your db, it's their Access. Every PC must have a legal version of Access with the license key.

IT fixed activation issue for at least one of my coworkers and they were still not able to open the database. We all have license with government for software.

It is something with my login form also though.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:35
it might be your login form, but without knowing the code you are using, not possible to say.

Other things to consider - is their FE in a trusted location on their machine? if not, then when the open the FE, then need to allow the code to run by clicking the 'enable content' button.

Db-why-not

Registered User.
Local time
it might be your login form, but without knowing the code you are using, not possible to say.

Other things to consider - is their FE in a trusted location on their machine? if not, then when the open the FE, then need to allow the code to run by clicking the 'enable content' button.
Usually everyone has to click enable content and then the login form opens back up and the users have no trouble logging in. It was working great before. I had made some minor changes to some of the forms recently. Now old version of my front ends don't work for my coworkers either but old versions and new versions still work for me.
I can post the code on my login forms later

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:35
Why not get one of the problem PCs to set the folder as a trusted location, just to make sure it's nothing to do with that.

Are the other users on the same exact version as you. Maybe they need to install some updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom