Problems in connecting to MS Access from SSIS (1 Viewer)

mavar

Local time
Today, 18:38
Hi,
This question is regarding connecting to a workgrouped Access file from SSIS.
I was initially able to connect and get data from Access database, which is protected by a System WorkgroupDatabase mdw file.
(I use a OLE DataSource, with the connection parameters, including System Database, and Test the connection, which is successful the first time.)

But after I extract the data once, the connection does not work any longer.
When I restart the "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio", and try loading the package, the validation fails and gives the error:
Error 1 Validation error. Data Flow Task fill data into reference tables: Package: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft JET Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Cannot open the Microsoft Jet engine workgroup information file.". Package.dtsx 0 0

Now the test connection also fails.
(This started to happen recently, as the package used to work perfectly for a few days. )
Everytime I create a new package, with the same connection string, it works only for the first time.
(almost as if there is a lock that is not being released.)
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Mavar

mavar

Local time
Today, 18:38
It seems that the problem is related to the caching of password in the connection. The connection did show the password as a series of dots, but was not storing it.
Everytime I open the Development window, I have to re-enter the password, and everything is fine
Thanks,
Mavar
Hi,
This question is regarding connecting to a workgrouped Access file from SSIS.
I was initially able to connect and get data from Access database, which is protected by a System WorkgroupDatabase mdw file.
(I use a OLE DataSource, with the connection parameters, including System Database, and Test the connection, which is successful the first time.)

But after I extract the data once, the connection does not work any longer.
When I restart the "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio", and try loading the package, the validation fails and gives the error:
Error 1 Validation error. Data Flow Task fill data into reference tables: Package: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft JET Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Cannot open the Microsoft Jet engine workgroup information file.". Package.dtsx 0 0

Now the test connection also fails.
(This started to happen recently, as the package used to work perfectly for a few days. )
Everytime I create a new package, with the same connection string, it works only for the first time.
(almost as if there is a lock that is not being released.)
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Mavar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom