Problems with filters when converting! (1 Viewer)

P

Patricia

Help!
We were running Office 97 on Windows 98. We then purchased new computers (Windows ME and Office 2000, converted our existing (fully functioning) database to 2000 and our searching/filters functions have been considerably altered to where we have to exit and reenter a form to do a new search. The converted version will not release the filter, we can refresh/show all (data)which is does, then when we click on our search option, it remembers that last search word and refilters for it.

I have done lots of troubleshooting.
...Examined the VB code in both the 2000 and 97 version of the database to see if in the conversion it dumped stuff. It was fine.
...Had computer programmers studing it with no luck.
...Sent both versions to off site computers (using Windows 98), converted and it runs perfect.
...Repaired, compacted
...Removed it from the network server and isolated it on my drive, converted, still loss of functions
...Search the internet for upgrades for both ME and Access 2000, nothing addresses this problem
...Spent many hours with our computer company (Dell) with NO luck, they say it is beyond them.
...Can't call Microsoft (they want to charge our credit card $240 for 1 question.

I believe the I isolated the problem to it being a Windows ME environment and Access 2000.

Are there any suggestions?
Thank you for your help!
Patricia

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom