Progress Bar in MS Access (1 Viewer)

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:14
I tend to count the records with a dcount("*","queryname") first. If there are no records, then I never open the recordset.

It may be more efficient to open the recordset, and do a movelast instead. I don't know, to be honest.

It depends on what purpose we open the recordset for. If you attempt to take a count of records Immediately after opening the recordset the output will be 1. That means the recordset is not fully populated in memory.

To do that an rs.movelast is required before taking a count. On the SysCmd() case we need the total count of records for the initial call to the command. Subsequent calls needs the processed record count.

Yes, we all code differently taking it through the known route for faster delivery, till it is proved wrong or inefficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axsprog

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:44
i can't post links yet as I haveonly 6 and this makes 7 but if you search Spy dot com I mean Google for:

access vba conditional format databar as progress bar

you will some great articles for this

easiest way to have a progress bar without a progress bar ;) Might take a little tweaking with recordcounts but I use them to show task progress on individual Projects we do.

axsprog

Registered User.
Local time
the improbable becomes the probable :)

axsprog

Registered User.
Local time
My post was clear - I said I (me) use it for certain things AND I did not know how it interacts with recordsets Also I don't use the syscommand for my users because they really don't look at it , they look at an hour glass or maybe a pop up modal form (where I run the code from) until finished. I used to do all the above but unless I do a heavy process dependent routine, I have found systems run so fast and connectivity and bandwidth so wide that users generally do not have to wait for anything However other than the one client I am converting to 365 frontend from an adp(first I imported into 2007) all of my clients are remote on Office 365/TerminalServices so performance is always spot on. I use the bars for displaying overall progress and performance, not as a realtime counter. But check out the articles if you have never used the data bar feature with the conditional formatting.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:44
I have some processes that will take several minutes to complete, so I use an hourglass, a progress meter, and a auto-clearing msgbox to advise users to be patient at times.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:44
My post was clear.
No need to get bent out of shape. I read the article and it said the control has to be bound. Since you disagreed with me and stated that such use of a textbox is probable, I simply and politely asked you to show why it is not improbable as a meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom