Solved Property Sheet not displaying. (1 Viewer)

Russp42

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:24
I am sorry that you feel I have ignored all your advice. The simple fact of the matter is that I am an 82 year old with no computer training. My knowledge of code extends to writing a few expressions. Do I press ctrl G and then enter that code for finding location of property sheet in the top window and then enter the code to restore the location of the property sheet in the immediate (2nd Window)? I wrote a program for a friend over 2 years ago which now requires a few fixes and alterations and I haven't done anything in access since so even my limited ability is now even more limited.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:24
So have you read my article and tried each of the suggestions? If not, please do so and let us know what works.

LarryE

Local time
Wait a sec here. Are you talking about the form Properties Sheet or the VBA code window. If you are looking for the VBA window then use Alt+F11 to open it.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I am sorry that you feel I have ignored all your advice. The simple fact of the matter is that I am an 82 year old with no computer training. My knowledge of code extends to writing a few expressions. Do I press ctrl G and then enter that code for finding location of property sheet in the top window and then enter the code to restore the location of the property sheet in the immediate (2nd Window)? I wrote a program for a friend over 2 years ago which now requires a few fixes and alterations and I haven't done anything in access since so even my limited ability is now even more limited.
Put that code into a module, then run it with F5 or F8 (if you want to step through the code).
That should tell you if the property window is on another screen or not.

Then you can also use similar to set it's coordinates.
@isladogs When I try to run it, it falls over with this error message on Application. Do I need a reference, or is that just 2007 again. :)
I already have Microsoft Office xx.0 Object Library listed in references.
1708620332466.png

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi @Gasman
I got the same error in earlier versions including 2010, 2007 & 2003.
I assume the command bar has a different name in those versions.
However its easily fixed as the property sheet command bar has index =1
I've just tested and this modified code should work for you :

Code:
Sub FindPropertySheet()
'find the current position and setting for the property sheet
     ' With Application.CommandBars("Property Sheet")
      With Application.CommandBars(1)
            Debug.Print .Name
            Debug.Print "Top, Left, Width, Height:", .Top, .Left, .Width, .Height
            Debug.Print "current position:", .Position
      End With

End Sub

Sub Test()
     'Debug.Print Application.CommandBars("Property Sheet").Position
      Debug.Print Application.CommandBars(1).Position

End Sub

EDIT:
Just checked in A2010 - the property sheet command bar (1) had no name in that version - hence the error in older version
I've just updated my article! TFLMK

1708697773030.png

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes, that works for me also. Thank you.
I was unlikely to use it myself, but just thought you should know.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks again. Surprising that this important command bar had no name for so long. In fact, there are still several others with no name

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@Gasmnan
On further investigation and feedback from MVPs, my earlier response was incorrect

To successfully use code such as Application.CommandBars(“Property Sheet”).Position you need to have opened the property sheet first.
It doesn’t have to be open currently, but it must have been opened at least once in this session
If that hasn’t been done, error 5 occurs.

However Application.CommandBars(1).Position always works whether or not the property sheet has been opened.
Another advantage is that using the Index value will also work in any language.

The above is true in A2007/2010 etc as well as A365.
I will update my article …again . . . tomorrow!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well using that, the o/p should be able to set a reasonable value to spot it?

Russp42

Registered User.
Local time
@Gasmnan
On further investigation and feedback from MVPs, my earlier response was incorrect

To successfully use code such as Application.CommandBars(“Property Sheet”).Position you need to have opened the property sheet first.
It doesn’t have to be open currently, but it must have been opened at least once in this session
If that hasn’t been done, error 5 occurs.

However Application.CommandBars(1).Position always works whether or not the property sheet has been opened.
Another advantage is that using the Index value will also work in any language.

The above is true in A2007/2010 etc as well as A365.
I will update my article …again . . . tomorrow!

Russp42

Registered User.
Local time
It's like drawing teeth. I have created the module and run the property sheet code and get a result showing current position 2 in the immediate window

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:24
can you post your db, so you can find a quick fix, we are already in 2nd page of this thread without success.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Use code to set reasonable positions for your property sheet.?

Here are my coordinates.

Top, Left, Width, Height: 205 1300 499 797
current position: 4

Is it showing in Form Design?

topdesk123

Registered User.
Local time
Are you using dual monitors? I have found that properties show up on the other monitor in this configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom