Publishing to Word, calculations are now wrong (1 Viewer)

Roni Sutton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:29
I have an extremely calculation intensive report. It uses a lot of Dcounts, dsum, sum and avg functions. When we print or preview the report in Access, the calculations are correct. However, if we publish the report to MS Word from the Print Preview screen, the numbers are all different in the Word document. We need to publish it to something so that we can send copies of the report via email. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Roni

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Your best bet is to use Snapshot Viewer, as it will give you an exact copy of the report ready for e-mailing. The only drawback is that the receiver must have this installed on their end to read. It is on the Windows Installation CD and I think that you can down-load it. If you require it, I can e-mail the program - its not large.
One of the problems that you are experiencing with exporting to Word is text wrap, and all of the report formatting will be lost.

Roni Sutton

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, Carol. We have the Snapshot viewer here. I was hoping to avoid using that since the people who receive the reports vary from day-to-day and I have no real way of making sure that they have or install the Snapshot viewer correctly. Anyway, thanks for helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom