queries (1 Viewer)

MK1999

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:33
I want to create a form that will show to the user the record information (from multiple tables) and the user can modify it.. i tried to create one query including all the information but it become not updatable..
im now thinking to divide the query to multiple queries that will return all the required data and then create a macro that calls all the queries in the form.. is this possible? and how to write the macro statement.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:33
you must first, identify which fields in your tables are the Primary key and the Foreign key.
then you Join each table by its PK and FK key to make them updateable query. dont use Inner join.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:33
I think it would help if we knew more about your db. It's purpose. Tables it has and the relationships between the tables.
Perhaps you could show us a screen shot of your Relationships Window with a brief description of the db.
You could also post the db with a description.

MK1999

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:33
you must first, identify which fields in your tables are the Primary key and the Foreign key.
then you Join each table by its PK and FK key to make them updateable query. dont use Inner join.
can i see example for the join with PK, FK? currently its automatically using inner join

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:33
see Person and Jobhistory table in design view.
see Query1 joining these tables.

Attachments

• PkFk.accdb
    492 KB · Views: 172

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:33
It isn't the specific join type that will make a query not updateable, it is mixing them in certain ways when you are joining 3 or more tables. For any two-table join, left, right, or inner all work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom