query selects records twice (1 Viewer)

DrPat

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:10
Can anyone explain to me why this query pulls every record twice and what I can do to fix it?

I did it in design mode because I'm an amateur, but here is the SQL.

SELECT [Patient Data Table].[First Name], [Patient Data Table].[Last Name], [Patient Data Table].[C MRI Facility], [Patient Data Table].[C MRI Sched Date], [Patient Data Table].[C MRI Scan Done]
FROM [Patient Data Table], [Date Range]
WHERE ((([Patient Data Table].[C MRI Scan Done])=Yes) AND ((Month([C MRI Sched Date]))=[Date Range]![From Month]) AND ((Year([C MRI Sched Date]))=[Date Range]![From Year]));

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:10
My guess is there are 2 records in the date range table. Without a join between the tables, you get a Cartesian product.

DrPat

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Paul. I went ahead with your thinking and as a test, I deleted every record except one (one that I knew should be selected) and guess what? she gets selected twice.

Any other ideas?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In the second table? I've used tables for criteria, and you will have this problem if you get 2 records in it. Can you post the db here?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 19:10
You have duplicate data in one of your Tables for the fields you have linked the two on. In the WHERE clause you have this:

((Month([C MRI Sched Date]))=[Date Range]![From Month]) AND ((Year([C MRI Sched Date]))=[Date Range]![From Year]));

That's how you are establishing your link. So, you have duplicate values, probably in [Date Range] for the [From Month] and [From Year] fields.

DrPat

Registered User.
Local time
You are absolutely right. Thanks. I need to empty the date range table as the macro begins.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No problem. I got away from using tables for criteria, but I still have a couple of apps that use one. I had to make sure that any form that was bound to that table for the user to enter criteria had Allow Additions set to No to prevent the user from accidentally getting a second record entered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom