Quick help (1 Viewer)

Daniel Short

Local time
Today, 14:55
For my database i need to create a user friendly menu system, is it possible that when you hover the pointer over a button, a small help text displays? such as the ones in the forums where if you hover over a post, the entrance text displays.

Also i need to enable fast finding of clients - the sites, sample database has this ability but it dosnt have any ideas on how to achieve this. What would i need to add to clients details to make it 100% accurate and how would i go about doing this?

Thankyou in advance, Daniel :D

Daniel Short

Local time
Yep exactly, is it easy to do or is it pretty hard? - excuse my novice experience but i didnt know it was called that! so thanks anyhows!!

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
if you store a table of help texts with pre-assigned help ids, you can have a generic sub or function to display the appropriate text for your help boxes, merely based on the index number.

Look at help compilers - they used to take a RTF text file and turn it into a F1 help system - in this case Access sets the .hlp file, and calls the appropriate indexed help fiel. A bit harder to do. Now help is generally html help, which I'm not really up on.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:55
The ControlTip Text property is designed for just this need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom